Broken Wrist my Fault

dezguy

Are you actually serious? After refusing to sign, why wouldn’t my manager just laugh in my face?
As he/she said, tit for tat.

Tell them you'll sign when they sign. They're covering their assessment and you're covering yours.

Of course they'll never sign and that's the whole point.

If it were me, I would first, take that letter to an attorney. Then send a copy to the state. If it wasn’t kosher, a self insured company could lose that status.

vantexan

And when was the last time you saw your wife in person?
Every day we talk over Messenger video. Car is paid off in June, then we're putting a new roof on house, home in February. Tell me, do you support the troops? If they're gone for a year or more do you slam them being away from their family? Long distance truckers rarely get home in many companies. Guys who work on oil rigs or in oilfields overseas are often gone for a long time. Do you rip them too? I had, and still have, numbness in my feet from the diabetes. My knees ached all the time. And it was going to be another 9 years until I topped out with the new plan. I offered to take my wife with me but she didn't want to go. Now she does but wants to get the new roof on. We weren't saving anything with me there, but with her daughter moved in and working full time to help out I'll be able to save at least $900 a month while overseas. And more if I go to India. Debating it. You demand to know things, here you are. Slam me all you want, we're getting things done and I don't have to kill myself to do it.

UPeopleSuck

C53ACEE5-8860-4A38-9E9B-AF14E67C1B6A.jpeg

Is that you Meat?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I’m not too surprised but I am completely disgusted by what happened at work today. Some background: I slipped on ice in December and broke my wrist. Poorly lit parking lot with a drop box, black asphalt. Literally black ice.

So my manager says she has something for me to sign concerning my injury. I look and it’s labeled “Judgment.” Basically, I was at fault for slipping because I acted in an unsafe manner.

Even if I was walking carefully and couldn’t see any ice, another manager sitting in the office said that I should have known that, it being a freezing winter day, that ice was possible. I told him it was so great that he had an answer for everything.

I looked my manager in the face and told her this was b.s. and I wouldn’t sign it. And I won’t.

Signing it isn't an admission of agreement, it's to acknowledge that you received the determination.

The district safety person is pretty useless. I think he’s more focused on the safety of the corporation’s workman’s compensation premiums.

The bulk of his decision is determined by what you tell him. In my experience at Express it was more common for people to talk themselves into rulings that went against them in most situations when given a chance to give their side of a story about anything (accidents, wrecks, conduct, performance, etc.).

I don’t see how managers can look at themselves in the mirror when they’re forced to stuff this crap down our throats.

All they are in this case is the person who works between you and the safety guy. Have you submitted a request for redetermination to your regional VP?