Broken Wrist my Fault

Meat

I’m not too surprised but I am completely disgusted by what happened at work today. Some background: I slipped on ice in December and broke my wrist. Poorly lit parking lot with a drop box, black asphalt. Literally black ice.

So my manager says she has something for me to sign concerning my injury. I look and it’s labeled “Judgment.” Basically, I was at fault for slipping because I acted in an unsafe manner.

Even if I was walking carefully and couldn’t see any ice, another manager sitting in the office said that I should have known that, it being a freezing winter day, that ice was possible. I told him it was so great that he had an answer for everything.

I looked my manager in the face and told her this was b.s. and I wouldn’t sign it. And I won’t.

At UPS there were boxes of slip-on cleats to take before heading out. At FedEx we get safety flyers telling us to walk like penguins on ice. The district safety person is pretty useless. I think he’s more focused on the safety of the corporation’s workman’s compensation premiums.

I don’t see how managers can look at themselves in the mirror when they’re forced to stuff this crap down our throats. I guess that getting lymphoma was also my fault. Should have known that breathing air and eating food was risky.

I found the whole thing totally repulsive. But, again, not too surprising.

Are you going to leave the company over it?

CJinx

LOL

He got asked to leave for a promotion to COO? That's funny I don't care who you are.

In case you don't know. A COO and Executive VP is a higher pay grade than a Senior VP.
This is more than likely the truth. The guy is going to make more money. Love him or hate him, he's moving up. We would all do the same given the opportunity.

Oldfart

This is more than likely the truth. The guy is going to make more money. Love him or hate him, he's moving up. We would all do the same given the opportunity.
Yep. Remember him from his "Supervisor" days in the hub. He has done well.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Do you think MT3 is leaving of his own accord or “asked”?

He was promoted.

Man, I'd love to have MF here for a day or so talking about it. His hatred for MT3 was a sight to behold. Depending on his mood, he claimed that MT3 was either the black Satan who singlehandedly controlled Express or nothing but a mere Uncle Tom affirmative action puppet. Oh yeah, and that he commuted between Memphis and Chicago each day via a corporate jet. He liked to cover all the bases.

I never understood his hatred. He couldn't name anything that MT3 had done to make him so mad.

The pool of 5 candidates to replace him isn't bad. Two of them would be excellent, two would probably be fine, and there's one that would not be well liked at all.

Oldfart

He was promoted.

Man, I'd love to have MF here for a day or so talking about it. His hatred for MT3 was a sight to behold. Depending on his mood, he claimed that MT3 was either the black Satan who singlehandedly controlled Express or nothing but a mere Uncle Tom affirmative action puppet. Oh yeah, and that he commuted between Memphis and Chicago each day via a corporate jet. He liked to cover all the bases.

I never understood his hatred. He couldn't name anything that MT3 had done to make him so mad.

The pool of 5 candidates to replace him isn't bad. Two of them would be excellent, two would probably be fine, and there's one that would not be well liked at all.
I am sure you will be on the selection committee.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You mean like Cactus?
At least I retired.

You on the other hand may have some here believing you left the company for some other job but I say you never left.

He was promoted.

Butt kisser.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
At least I retired.

You on the other hand may have some here believing you left the company for some other job but I say you never left.

Butt kisser.

The more I read your posts, the more I understand why you're such a failure.