"BROTHERHOOD" in International Brotherhood of Teamsters has been Broken-RIP 2013

Big Bad Wolf

Instead of bringing us down to your "level", why did you not fight to bring you "up" to our level?

Sent using BrownCafe App
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1398386574.574553.jpg

These folks might take any level.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
George W Bush's administration started that program. but like so many other problematic programs, was inherited by Obama.

It really started in 1980's under Reagan but was expanded under Bush but the big increase was under Obama, so Obamaphone is a valid name. And like other programs Obama inherited, he greatly increased their scope and impact.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why don't you quit your job and then look at your pay, benefits, pension, and healthcare from the outside looking in.

Better than 99% of the people you see everyday

0wK.gif
This mindset is soooooo tired.
Why should we be expected to give concessions to a company that is doing better than 99% of the other Fortune 500 companies?
We should be setting the bar higher, or at the very least, maintaining it at its present level.
We work hard for the good money we spend on union dues and deserve better representation.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It really started in 1980's under Reagan but was expanded under Bush but the big increase was under Obama, so Obamaphone is a valid name. And like other programs Obama inherited, he greatly increased their scope and impact.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan to date of Obama.
I just realize nothing starts or stops at his desk, like so many people think.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
This mindset is soooooo tired.
Why should we be expected to give concessions to a company that is doing better than 99% of the other Fortune 500 companies?
We should be setting the bar higher, or at the very least, maintaining it at its present level.
We work hard for the good money we spend on union dues and deserve better representation.

Because the price of healthcare has increased faster than inflation and UPS profits. This isn't a company problem or union problem, IT'S A NATIONAL PROBLEM. Trust me, no company can afford "free healthcare" especially the kind we have to their employees any longer, including UPS.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Because the price of healthcare has increased faster than inflation and UPS profits. This isn't a company problem or union problem, IT'S A NATIONAL PROBLEM. Trust me, no company can afford "free healthcare" especially the kind we have to their employees any longer, including UPS.
So they have continued to provide it to date, while recording consistent record profits, but somehow can do it no longer?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
lazywelfare.jpg

In the 80's, I got out of the Army on Aug 22. I had a job with in a week doing security at a precious metals company a few miles from my house. On Sept 15th, I started at UPS. Worked 2 jobs all for 5 years until I went driving.

Are these people in line because they can't find work, or because they don't want to work, or because they make more money not working?

And stop with this attitude, if not for UPS, this is where we would be.