Brown Cafe Cruise Thread

pkgdriver

I thought DeSantis was Pro Business? DeSantis 2024💩. Done some decent work in Florida but the last month or two has me scratching my head. Hell it may be better to pay the fines and just sail. May be thrown out in court. We shall see.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It sounds like the problem is more with the CDC than DeSantis
No, the cruise companies wanted the 95 percent total vaccinated rate the CDC recommended. The Florida law would make it illegal to require vaccination in order to cruise.

Wally

I thought DeSantis was Pro Business? DeSantis 2024💩. Done some decent work in Florida but the last month or two has me scratching my head. Hell it may be better to pay the fines and just sail. May be thrown out in court. We shall see.
Maybe they are secretly hoping for that to happen? I like the Florida governor but I disagree with him on this.

oldngray

nowhere special
No, the cruise companies wanted the 95 percent total vaccinated rate the CDC recommended. The Florida law would make it illegal to require vaccination in order to cruise.
The cruise companies want the 95% for the CDC. They could ignore the vaccination numbers and be free to sail.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
And...what happens to those who already had the virus? And... what about the vaccine not being FDA approved?

I guess you don't have to cruise now, do ya? :speechless:

Oh, and what about the cruise line having your personal medical information? Will they share it?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
And...what happens to those who already had the virus? And... what about the vaccine not being FDA approved?

Oh, and what about the cruise line having your personal medical information? Will they share it?
Settle down blondie.

Wally

Stay home crabby. Us vaccinated folk will be at the bar or the buffet.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Stay home crabby. Us vaccinated folk will be at the bar or the buffet.
Reality isn't crabby. Don't slobber on your buffet... :teethy:

I've been on too many cruises to count, love cruising.

I like how DeSantis is standing up for freedom. But, private companies have a right too and as customers we have the right to choose. Most likely there will be a compromise with the cruise industry and I don't think that the State can over rule the Fed, we'll see.

I'm vaccinated, so pound sand or the buffet. Cheers...

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Reality isn't crabby. Don't slobber on your buffet... :teethy:

I've been on too many cruises to count, love cruising.

I like how DeSantis is standing up for freedom. But, private companies have a right too and as customers we have the right to choose. Most likely there will be a compromise with the cruise industry and I don't think that the State can over rule the Fed, we'll see.

I'm vaccinated, so pound sand or the buffet. Cheers...
Desantis 2024!!