Brownbailout is Working

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
I've come to the conclusion that the only way FEDEX exists today is because of concessions. You guy are toast if you get reclassified ...... belly up. Then it will be big brown standing all alone as the 800 pound gorilla in the room. I'll send you my condol-didly-olances Ned Flanders style.

FedEx courier

I've come to the conclusion that the only way FEDEX exists today is because of concessions. You guy are toast if you get reclassified ...... belly up. Then it will be big brown standing all alone as the 800 pound gorilla in the room. I'll send you my condol-didly-olances Ned Flanders style.

You are correct to a certain extent. If the reclassification takes place FedEx would definitly have to change their business model. Anyone can see that the people at the top of the company would have to take a pay cut, it's clear that Upper management freely exploits the drivers and would have to pay at a more competitive rate. Secondly I believe they would have to combine the ground and express operations, this silly farce to keep a Union out by seperating them is ridiculous. Anyone can see it is just stupid to send two different trucks to the same location to pick up very similar packages. This has only been done to mask the company from oppurtunity to Unionize. They use IC's for Ground so they arent' even considered employees simply outsourcing their entire driving work force in plain site of everyone,it's ridiculous and drives labor standards down for everyone. It's just bad for the country in general!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You are correct to a certain extent. If the reclassification takes place FedEx would definitly have to change their business model. Anyone can see that the people at the top of the company would have to take a pay cut, it's clear that Upper management freely exploits the drivers and would have to pay at a more competitive rate. Secondly I believe they would have to combine the ground and express operations, this silly farce to keep a Union out by seperating them is ridiculous. Anyone can see it is just stupid to send two different trucks to the same location to pick up very similar packages. This has only been done to mask the company from oppurtunity to Unionize. They use IC's for Ground so they arent' even considered employees simply outsourcing their entire driving work force in plain site of everyone,it's ridiculous and drives labor standards down for everyone. It's just bad for the country in general!

depends who you talk to

bbsam

Staff member

and this is why i've come to believe that fred fights the rla reclassification so strongly. it's not that he cares about keeping ground and express separate any more; its that he wants to make the transition on his own schedule. he's stalling for time. but if he does have to integrate earlier than he wants, we ic's at ground are looking forward to the opportunity. and it has been very good for me (being an ic) and would highly recomend it to express drivers if they ever have the opportunity....even you mrfedex.:wink2:

Last edited by a moderator:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
and this is why i've come to believe that fred fights the rla reclassification so strongly. it's not that he cares about keeping ground and express separate any more; its that he wants to make the transition on his own schedule. he's stalling for time. but if he does have to integrate earlier than he wants, we ic's at ground are looking forward to the opportunity. and it has been very good for me (being an ic) and would highly recomend it to express drivers if they ever have the opportunity....even you mrfedex.:wink2:

Fred is fighting the RLA reclassification because he hates unions and wants to save himself big bucks by keeping us underpaid. Other than WalMart, FedEx is the most anti-union company I am aware of. If you ever become an "employee" and the RLA doesn't pass, you'll get a taste of the way this corporation works. For now, you serve Fred's purposes and he serves yours. Should the rules ever change, you might be in for a rude surprise. Just ask the folks who used to work for ATA Airlines, whom Smith recently put out of business by welching on a contract. Like others, they've joined the lawsuit line and are awaiting their chance in court.

FedEx courier

I do not believe Fred will ever make that transition on his own. FedEx wants the disposable work force that they have at Ground. If he thought he could pull it off at Express he would do the same. Anyone can see that sending two trucks to pick up similar packages to the same location is just bad business. He will never make this transition without being for so I wouldn't hold my breath for it if I were you.

FedEx courier

If the brownbailout propaganda has worked according to FedEx then why are they still campaigning so hard? Here is an article about FedEx lobbying in Alaska just a few days ago:

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=10625895

Seems if they had won this war they wouldn't be worried enough to continue campaigning. I sure would like to be a fly on the wall in the meeting that Begich is suggesting. My guess is that whoever showed up for FedEx would be clueless!