Brownbailout

P

pickup

I just got back from Kinkos and had a bunch of fliers printed up.Im going to hand them out at work tommorrow.No one at my stations knows anything at all.

That's not a bad idea. I don't need to do that though because I am part of the Feeder Network News where we pass our information amongst ourselves orally and sometimes even effectively.

And you did answer my question with a good answer, thank you

P

pickup

And Mungrin, one more thing. You may not be aware of this because this website is really really professionally done but this browncafe.com is not "sponsored or endorsed by UPS". So it is not the mouthpiece of the UPS brass. I am sure the Brass wishes it didn't exist as it serves to educate those looking for clarification of issues that affect them in their ups workplace. To let them know of their rights: something that the brass would prefer to keep them in the dark about.

That much being said, ups does monitor this site so if you have something to say, you can indirectly tell them here. I would suggest you keep anonymous as you go about it as some have revealed their secret identities here and have gotten harassed for what they said .

pretzel_man

Ok well heres one example.The only way I heard about all this Fedex hoopla was from the news and then i found this site.Upper management never mentioned not one word of it to any of us drivers.You dont see something wrong with that?I think every driver should know whats going on.This RLA crap needs to be exposed.Its not fair.UPS should be making the top 10 lists on forbes,not fedex.

I got a lot of my information from UPSers.com.

P-Man

Hawk780

No One in Particular
Still have heard nothing on this at work (and I work at a large hub).

IMHO, UPS is taking this LYING DOWN. I would like us to fight back, we look like losers.

I understand your point, because I felt similar when this first came out, but I've read a lot of online articles by PR consulting firms that say UPS's quiet lack of response makes FedEx look really bad. Said something about how one sided mud slinging makes FedEx look very desperate.

I say let them make fools of themselves, I think anyone interested in understanding the situation will see that it's FedEx who is losing thier long standing bailout, not UPS getting one...

nyboyinga

Some people are suggesting that you use their site to contact your elected officials. I wouldn't recommend using their site. Congress.org, writing or calling might be better. They won't let you change the subject line, so your Senator will see "Oppose Brown Bailout" with your name attached to it. I doubt Senators will actually read the edited text. It's another sneaky tactic they are using, but that's just my opinion.

When exactly is the vote in the Senate?

The vote is in late July or early August if i remember correctly. The letter campaign was started in Corporate, will go next to the Georgia district (we have replublican senators) and is supposed to be released to the rest of the country in waves. They're trying to keep a steady flow of letters up until the vote.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
That's funny Mungrin, our sups have been all over this for the last week. It has been mentioned in pcm's repeatedly. They are pushing us to know what's going on so we know how to respond to our customers if questions arise.

bellesotico

BOXstar
Some people are suggesting that you use their site to contact your elected officials. I wouldn't recommend using their site. Congress.org, writing or calling might be better. They won't let you change the subject line, so your Senator will see "Oppose Brown Bailout" with your name attached to it. I doubt Senators will actually read the edited text. It's another sneaky tactic they are using, but that's just my opinion.

If I may add...
Calling is extremely effective. Also senatorial aides see 1000s of form letters a day, so if you email make sure you write in your own words. These are the emails that stand out.

FedEx courier

This is a link to a page where every member of the Senate Committee on Commerce Science and Transportation is listed. As I understand it they are the one's that decide whether the "Express courier protection act" which would change FedX express's classification from an airline gets put into the Faa Reauthorization bill.You can click on each of their names and their websites will come up,they all seem to have places that you can email them on their pages. It may not even hurt to contact senators from other states. Just passing along the info.

http://commerce.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=About.Members