Brownbailout

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As far as I know, nobody from FedEx is doing much to support Smith except the usual suspects (managers,brown-nosers, etc). If anything, his Boeing game and now the bailout scam have turned even more of his employees against him. I expected the Right Wing media to flock to his defense, but the only mention I've heard on the RLA came on the Bill Press Show, which is on the liberal side of the fence.

As ignorant as most of them are, many are starting to figure it out. In the end, Fred's going to lose on all fronts.

705red

Browncafe Steward
You are assuming that UPS has done nothing for 20 years....

UPS tried many things in this area. None have been as successful as the current drive. We have a "perfect storm" for succeeding this time.

FedEx is distracted by the Independent Contractor issue, the RLA issue, severely reduced profits and cash flow. We also have a democratic controlled legislature and executive branch.

P-Man
We will see now wont we? The Teamsters are lining up the needed democrats, will UPS line up their republican senators in support?

705red

Browncafe Steward
All you idiots posting blogs at brownbailout.com are just playing into Fedex's hands.This is what they want!!
WOW! Your 2nd post and you are insulting people already. You obviously are from our PR department! Maybe if you would get off of your :censored2: and rebut and put up a fight for OUR brand name here and protect the shield like we are encouraged to do, we would not be posting on that site!

Go back to bed Norman!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You are assuming that UPS has done nothing for 20 years....

UPS tried many things in this area. None have been as successful as the current drive. We have a "perfect storm" for succeeding this time.

FedEx is distracted by the Independent Contractor issue, the RLA issue, severely reduced profits and cash flow. We also have a democratic controlled legislature and executive branch.

P-Man

UPS has the perfect chance to rally the troops and get this company marching toward one goal...shutting down fedex, but they will probably continue to micromanage with their usual tricks. P-man, how is this being proactive? They dont trust drivers, how are they going to trust them to get out there and grow the business. I think there are so many that have been "soured" from whats been going on here the last 6 months, jut read the threads on here...its enough to physically make one ill. Why is it so hard to ask for a little cooperation. Treat folks like a valued member of the team, and they will go the extra mile...contributing more towards the greater good of the company. Keep kicking everybody into the dirt and what do you really think is going to happen???

mungrin

Banned
I dont think you guys see the opportunity that we have here.This is our chance!I dont want our guys screwing this one up again.FEDEX sucks,thier days are numbered.Lets put the nail into the coffen for them.Let not make any stupid mistakes like we always do.

P

pickup

I dont think you guys see the opportunity that we have here.This is our chance!I dont want our guys screwing this one up again.FEDEX sucks,thier days are numbered.Lets put the nail into the coffen for them.Let not make any stupid mistakes like we always do.

Okay, tell us about the opportunity that you don't think we see and after that, explain concrete ways that we can use to take advantage of this opportunity. Platitudes and slogans and bluster are all nice and fine, but explain to us the actual steps we can take.

mungrin

Banned
Ok well heres one example.The only way I heard about all this Fedex hoopla was from the news and then i found this site.Upper management never mentioned not one word of it to any of us drivers.You dont see something wrong with that?I think every driver should know whats going on.This RLA crap needs to be exposed.Its not fair.UPS should be making the top 10 lists on forbes,not fedex.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I watched that whiteboard commercial from FDX and they say that UPS is asking for $$$.....if that's not true, isn't it libel or slander on FDX's part ??

over9five

Staff member
Still have heard nothing on this at work (and I work at a large hub).

IMHO, UPS is taking this LYING DOWN. I would like us to fight back, we look like losers.

P

pickup

Ok well heres one example.The only way I heard about all this Fedex hoopla was from the news and then i found this site.Upper management never mentioned not one word of it to any of us drivers.You dont see something wrong with that?I think every driver should know whats going on.This RLA crap needs to be exposed.Its not fair.UPS should be making the top 10 lists on forbes,not fedex.

And then you found this site. It is a common thing that when someone comes here for the first time that they see an army already assembled as if it was just waiting for a leader to command it. Guess what? We already have brains here and we educate each other. These issues have been discussed for a long time and we already hit our senators. And you know how the news cycle works , this is already old news. In some hubs and centers, it has been mentioned. As for upper management being quiet, well, I think they already know the votes have been counted(against fed ex) . To get loud and vociferous only can bring more attention to fed ex's nonsense.

Also, you're not going to win any friends or influence people here in a positive way by calling them idiots as you did in a previous post (#2 was it ?)

Everyone who is a long time , short time member here was once a newbie just like you but most realize when you enter a club for the first time (price of membership is registration). , try to get a feel of the place and respect those that have been here a lot longer than you.

Still , you really didn't answer my question, what concrete steps can we (the rank and file), not upper management take? Upper management is not really represented here and the few that are here are already part of the choir , they don't need to be converted.

P

pickup

Still have heard nothing on this at work (and I work at a large hub).

IMHO, UPS is taking this LYING DOWN. I would like us to fight back, we look like losers.

I think the votes are already counted and the vote will just be a formality. Better to look like losers and be winners when the bell is rung than to look like winners only to get knocked out at the end.

P

pickup

I watched that whiteboard commercial from FDX and they say that UPS is asking for $$$.....if that's not true, isn't it libel or slander on FDX's part ??

I was thinking the same thing, more luck, look at the first paragraph of my post 101 on this thread. I right with ya on this. I think it is libel . but to sue fed ex would be like taking a mosquito to small claims court because he sucked a bit of your blood. No need to , i think the mosquito known as fed ex will be squashed real soon

mungrin

Banned
Still , you really didn't answer my question, what concrete steps can we (the rank and file), not upper management take? Upper management is not really represented here and the few that are here are already part of the choir , they don't need to be converted.
I just got back from Kinkos and had a bunch of fliers printed up.Im going to hand them out at work tommorrow.No one at my stations knows anything at all.

P

pickup

I want both!

I want to be a winner AND look like one!!!!

you , sir need to be educated by the great Bobby Bare

[video=youtube;JRWlnv0_svU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRWlnv0_svU[/video]

good payoff at end of the song but you got to listen to appreciate the moral summed up at the end .

Last edited by a moderator: