By Invitation Only

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
@542thruNthru your kid had swim lessons yet?
1_l9SQC9yTaet43ZBb6PY98Q.jpeg.jpg

Wally

Right....if that worked there wouldn’t be thousands of kids drown every year ;)

There’s a guy that flies in from California every year here and does a 2 week course. Basically invitation only. Ava will be doing it first 2 weeks of June.
Don't any neighbors have indoor pools you could use?

542thruNthru

Right....if that worked there wouldn’t be thousands of kids drown every year ;)

There’s a guy that flies in from California every year here and does a 2 week course. Basically invitation only. Ava will be doing it first 2 weeks of June.

No lie that's how I learned. My dad tossed me in the pool and I had to keep kicking off the bottom to get air till I got to the side.

He hasn't taken swim lessons yet. My wife wants to put him in some but he does go to the pool with her and the beach with me a lot. He's kinda mixed with water. Cries like a baby when he gets in it sometimes and loves it the other times. We will probably do the YMCA. Have heard good things about it. Meant to put him in last year.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Don't any neighbors have indoor pools you could use?
1) no. Indoor pools are not common here lol

2) I have no idea really how to teach swimming.

This guy comes in gives lessons to maybe a dozen kids in. Private heated pool. No parents are allowed within sight distance of the kids. If your kid can’t swim at the end of 2 weeks you get your money back.

My dad can’t swim
And they are alone a decent amount so I think it’s important she know how.

542thruNthru

1) no. Indoor pools are not common here lol

2) I have no idea really how to teach swimming.

This guy comes in gives lessons to maybe a dozen kids in. Private heated pool. No parents are allowed within sight distance of the kids. If your kid can’t swim at the end of 2 weeks you get your money back.

My dad can’t swim
And they are alone a decent amount so I think it’s important she know how.

Uh... yeah ignore that last comment. Lol :)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No lie that's how I learned. My dad tossed me in the pool and I had to keep kicking off the bottom to get air till I got to the side.

He hasn't taken swim lessons yet. My wife wants to put him in some but he does go to the pool with her and the beach with me a lot. He's kinda mixed with water. Cries like a baby when he gets in it sometimes and loves it the other times. We will probably do the YMCA. Have heard good things about it. Meant to put him in last year.
She started out kind of scared and by the end of last year was fearless. Which was scary because she can’t swim.

Wife has a coworker who sent 3 year old twins to this class that we’re scared to death of the water. She said I have no idea what the man does to teach them but they love the water and can swim great now.

542thruNthru

She started out kind of scared and by the end of last year was fearless. Which was scary because she can’t swim.

Wife has a coworker who sent 3 year old twins to this class that we’re scared to death of the water. She said I have no idea what the man does to teach them but they love the water and can swim great now.

I would definitely send her. A good swim teacher is hard to find from what I hear from some parents. Also he's a babysitter at the same time 2 for 1!

Wally

I never understood how a adult can't swim. Anyone with half a brain should be able to see someone do it once, even in TV and know 80% of what to do.

The beach is of course different with waves and undertow.
Every year without fail, they sink in the Delaware. Usually on a outing to the country.