By Invitation Only

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Help This Guy Name His Cheerios

BF948A3D-1917-4ABD-B102-41412FC34BC2.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Got rained out again... lol.
That’s not a terrible thing man. I’m telling you I love my sports but I hate the way all of this is headed.

I’m from a small town and I’ve got friends with junior high kids going to 6 hour “open gyms” in the summer and a soon to be senior male whole schedule is full of basketball and baseball from 7 am til 9pm 4 nights a week. Kid is trying to lift with me and literally can’t even find the time.

If a coach tells my 6th grade daughter they have open gym for 6 hours in the summer I’ll tell them where they can shove it.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
That’s not a terrible thing man. I’m telling you I love my sports but I hate the way all of this is headed.

I’m from a small town and I’ve got friends with junior high kids going to 6 hour “open gyms” in the summer and a soon to be senior male whole schedule is full of basketball and baseball from 7 am til 9pm 4 nights a week. Kid is trying to lift with me and literally can’t even find the time.

If a coach tells my 6th grade daughter they have open gym for 6 hours in the summer I’ll tell them where they can shove it.
That’s crazy

oldngray

nowhere special
They all Bitch too about kids specializing in 1 sport too early.

I’m like you guys are all asking for 4-5 hours of the kids life every day during the summer. I don’t blame them at all for choosing one or the other.
They might be able to do something like track as a second sport but it gets too hard to compete in more than one of the major sports.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They might be able to do something like track as a second sport but it gets too hard to compete in more than one of the major sports.
You can compete especially if you’re a good athlete.

It doesn’t take a ton of time to be good at basketball or football or track.

Every coach wants to think their time is more important.