By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
Our schools are not air conditioned for the most part. These snowflakes would collapse in short order.
Our older schools weren't air conditioned but most of those have been replaced. Heat might be bad for a couple of weeks at beginning and end of school year but really didn't need it for most of the year.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Our older schools weren't air conditioned but most of those have been replaced. Heat might be bad for a couple of weeks at beginning and end of school year but really didn't need it for most of the year.
Last year we had a September heat wave and the little Snowflakes had early dismissal.

rod

Retired 22 years
Last year we had a September heat wave and the little Snowflakes had early dismissal.
The little town I delivered to for 25+ years had a grade school and a combination Middle/ High School. They told me they had NEVER shut down for "cold weather" but one day I pulled up and they had closed because "it was too hot". Lately as the USA becomes more and more wimpy they have shut the schools down around here if it gets "real" cold. I don't recall them ever shutting down because it was cold back when I grew up.

oldngray

nowhere special
The little town I delivered to for 25+ years had a grade school and a combination Middle/ High School. They told me they had NEVER shut down for "cold weather" but one day I pulled up and they had closed because "it was too hot". Lately as the USA becomes more and more wimpy they have shut the schools down around here if it gets "real" cold. I don't recall them ever shutting down because it was cold back when I grew up.
They shut down if it gets too cold because they don't want the little ones to suffer waiting for the bus.

I would say walking to school too but most of them are dropped off by Mommy.

rod

Retired 22 years
They shut down if it gets too cold because they don't want the little ones to suffer waiting for the bus.

I would say walking to school too but most of them are dropped off by Mommy.
I understand why. Apparently they didn't care about us "little ones" back when I grew up :-)

oldngray

nowhere special
Guess who is one of the biggest political donors to our state government? The Teachers Union!
shocked face.jpg