By Invitation Only

rod

Retired 22 years
Meh....not that unbelievable. All the hillbillies here have phones
But Cell phone reception would be terrible if you are down in some backwoods valley cooking corn mash. If they are truly "in the sticks" there probably wouldn't be much cell reception. The whole northern 3rd of Mn. can be a bitch to get reception and there are MANY areas where it just isn't happening.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
How happy are you right now to not be a cop? It’s a wonder they haven’t all quit in the big cities.
You know, I had a good career. Never did anything that would bring embarrassment or discredit to myself, my family, or my agency. Two IA complaints that were proven false by video and witnesses, no injuries, left on my terms proud of what I accomplished and made it home mentally ok and physically safe that night of my shooting.

I would never do the job now though. Too many friend*ups making the rest of us good cops look like them...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
But Cell phone reception would be terrible if you are down in some backwoods valley cooking corn mash. If they are truly "in the sticks" there probably wouldn't be much cell reception. The whole northern 3rd of Mn. can be a bitch to get reception and there are MANY areas where it just isn't happening.
These guys are in so-called remote places as not to get caught but yet there is a cell tower nearby?

scooby0048

This whole state is a backwoods rim-necked state, yours doesn't fare much better.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You know, I had a good career. Never did anything that would bring embarrassment or discredit to myself, my family, or my agency. Two IA complaints that were proven false by video and witnesses, no injuries, left on my terms proud of what I accomplished and made it home mentally ok and physically safe that night of my shooting.

I would never do the job now though. Too many friend*ups making the rest of us good cops look like them...
I really wonder how many of them are military veterans and have issues as a result of their service that they haven’t gotten help for.

scooby0048

I really wonder how many of them are military veterans and have issues as a result of their service that they haven’t gotten help for.
Type A personalities are a tough nut to crack. Figuring out those numbers is near impossible. Most don't seek help or get it when offered. Most people who go into LE or military are type a. Most other people are type b.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

You sound just like my wife’s cousin.

Proud of his career and happy to be out.

542thruNthru

Man, that grass looks nice right now. Six inches of snow here so far and still coming down.
giphy-1.gif

20210415_170522.jpg