By Invitation Only

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Back at you, OP. I’m getting ready to start my Cope’s baked corn.
What is that? I was just having a discussion yesterday about some of the differences in Thanksgiving dinner for Notherners and Southerners. She was saying someone from PA was surprised that we’d have mac and cheese for Thanksgiving. I told her that’s a Southern thing. What is common up there with side dishes?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What is that? I was just having a discussion yesterday about some of the differences in Thanksgiving dinner for Notherners and Southerners. She was saying someone from PA was surprised that we’d have mac and cheese for Thanksgiving. I told her that’s a Southern thing. What is common up there with side dishes?

Why does everybody make sweet potatoes
I’ve had them about everyway you can think of and they are all horrible

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Cope’s dried corn is a PA Amish thing. Whole kernels are dried and then either reconstituted or ground and baked. Baked makes kind of a custard dish. The flavor is much more intense than fresh corn. Try it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Cope’s dried corn is a PA Amish thing. Whole kernels are dried and then either reconstituted or ground and baked. Baked makes kind of a custard dish. The flavor is much more intense than fresh corn. Try it.
Do you add sugar and milk to it? A Southern dish with corn is corn pudding. It is usually canned corn, eggs, milk, cinnamon, and sugar, which is mixed together and then baked. I’ve never been a fan. Way too sweet for me.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Do you add sugar and milk to it? A Southern dish with corn is corn pudding. It is usually canned corn, eggs, milk, cinnamon, and sugar, which is mixed together and then baked. I’ve never been a fan. Way too sweet for me.

A little sugar, milk and eggs. The dried corn has a much more toasted flavor.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Resized_cougar2.jpeg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Well, I came across a Northern side dish I’ve never had before…creamed onions. Not bad. Didn’t understand the need for it, but not bad. My niece was at my sister’s yesterday where I went for Thanksgiving dinner. Her MIL, who is from the Boston area, gave her the recipe.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Well, I came across a Northern side dish I’ve never had before…creamed onions. Not bad. Didn’t understand the need for it, but not bad. My niece was at my sister’s yesterday where I went for Thanksgiving dinner. Her MIL, who is from the Boston area, gave her the recipe.
We always have them. Lots of calories with all the cream and butter.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

My wife’s family make one of the most disgusting side dishes
It’s cottage cheese, cool whip and pink jello
Mixed together