C.I.R.—A Handy Guide

PACNW

CIR works whether you make customer contact or note.

Of course it works. There are a lot of things that work that you aren't supposed to do. CIR training specifically says you must make customer contact, so if you CIR with no contact, you do so at your own risk just like any procedure we choose not to follow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Of course it works. There are a lot of things that work that you aren't supposed to do. CIR training specifically says you must make customer contact, so if you CIR with no contact, you do so at your own risk just like any procedure we choose not to follow.

I deliver to one of our local churches. Deliveries go on a porch near the rectory. They generally get the mass books on Wednesday and have been ordering a lot of Amazon for what is called Project Gabriel.

I could give them a stack of delivery notices and have them fill one out when they are expecting a delivery....

or...

I could do the smart thing and simply use CIR to complete their deliveries.

Does signing a SDN ensure that their packages will still be there any more than using CIR?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I deliver to one of our local churches. Deliveries go on a porch near the rectory. They generally get the mass books on Wednesday and have been ordering a lot of Amazon for what is called Project Gabriel.

I could give them a stack of delivery notices and have them fill one out when they are expecting a delivery....

or...

Does signing a SDN ensure that their packages will still be there any more than using CIR?
Signed delivery notices are not an acceptable signature in a COMMERCIAL delivery scenario.
They are only to be used for residential deliveries, and I don't even accept them then, unless prompted to by the DIAD.

Therefore CID will never be a replacement for SDN.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

or...

A clear violation of the methods

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I deliver to one of our local churches. Deliveries go on a porch near the rectory. They generally get the mass books on Wednesday and have been ordering a lot of Amazon for what is called Project Gabriel. X

or...

The "smart thing would be sheeting them as not in, insuring this church of at least one more attempt and that their packages will be secure in the interim.