C.I.R.—A Handy Guide

BlackCat

I deliver to one of our local churches. Deliveries go on a porch near the rectory. They generally get the mass books on Wednesday and have been ordering a lot of Amazon for what is called Project Gabriel.

I could give them a stack of delivery notices and have them fill one out when they are expecting a delivery....

or...

I could do the smart thing and simply use CIR to complete their deliveries.

Does signing a SDN ensure that their packages will still be there any more than using CIR?
You crack me up.

You refuse to DR a shipper release package at a commercial stop but you have no issue using CIR.

upsyo

They are shipper release but because it is a commercial stop it requires a signature.

Shipper release does not require a signature for a business per training and the message that pops up every time you scan one. That being said I will not leave one outside of a business unless there is a entryway where it will be out of sight and weather. But if its for a church that sucker is getting a "rel num" and left.

dudebro

Sober, you and I must live in the same magical bubble even though we live on different coasts. I spend more time explaining the "whys" to customers than it would take to just get the signature. I'm not going to be rude and interrupt a customer on a business call either. Customer service shouldn't suffer at the expense of a metric.

It's the same song and dance with a release of something new at UPS. It has potential but is always implemented way too early before it's ready. Then you have to IE wizards saying how awesome it is.

It's standard industry practice to release something as soon as you have a viable product. Beta testing in the field is THE fastest way to figure out what issues you have.

You guys are always the ones saying that the only thing that counts is on road experience, not cubicle testing, then you complain something wasn't cubicle tested.

The strategy is probably to reduce ring bell / wait time for peak, so, March is perfect.

BlackCat

It's standard industry practice to release something as soon as you have a viable product. Beta testing in the field is THE fastest way to figure out what issues you have.

You guys are always the ones saying that the only thing that counts is on road experience, not cubicle testing, then you complain something wasn't cubicle tested.

The strategy is probably to reduce ring bell / wait time for peak, so, March is perfect.
??? It has been around since last year.

Wrong
Wrong
Wrong

We ate tired of stupid :censored2:ing flaming piles of crap that never did our job, telling us how to do it

They can't even fix surepost with CIR.

Last edited:

dudebro

Did your job plenty. You can't do mine.
It takes 8 years of school to become a brain surgeon. It takes less to learn driving. You might not like the imperfections in the system, but, we become aware of them through field testing. You'll like this less - the imperfections will get fixed when they're important ($) enough, not when they annoy you.

Did your job plenty. You can't do mine.
It takes 8 years of school to become a brain surgeon. It takes less to learn driving. You might not like the imperfections in the system, but, we become aware of them through field testing. You'll like this less - the imperfections will get fixed when they're important ($) enough, not when they annoy you.
Let's try this again. You deliver absolutely nothing and can be replaced with a new App.

Don't pat your back too hard, you might hurt yourself

barnyard

KTM rider
I noticed that today we could do CIR. I also noticed that I could not choose the name choices with the number by them. Who is the brain trust that came up with that idea??? I wanted to choose #2, pressed the '2' and nothing happened. WTF. Pressed it again, still nada. WTF.
If I have to use all soft keys and over ride a bunch of times with the orange button, a signature is faster.