California Considering Socialized Medicine, Massive New Taxes To Pay For It

Up In Smoke

The US boasts more than 22 million millionaires. The US adds about 2000 new per day and nearly 750k per year. The number of people entering into poverty is roughly double the amount becoming millionaires.

vantexan

The US boasts more than 22 million millionaires. The US adds about 2000 new per day and nearly 750k per year. The number of people entering into poverty is roughly double the amount becoming millionaires.
And if a lot of that wealth is on paper and the markets crash then the tax revenue goes up in smoke and the program needs more people with lower incomes to chip in.

rickyb

And if a lot of that wealth is on paper and the markets crash then the tax revenue goes up in smoke and the program needs more people with lower incomes to chip in.
funny how ppl worry about healthcare and justify trillions in military spending

u r the only western country that doesnt guarantee healthcare.

rickyb

Not working so well in Canada either, Patients sit at home in chronic pain for weeks and weeks waiting for help.
i work at a hospital

but yes healthcare is like democracy, it requires active participation. we have forces here who want to profit off healthcare. america only has mediocre results from its healthcare, but its most expensive in the world.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
i work at a hospital

but yes healthcare is like democracy, it requires active participation. we have forces here who want to profit off healthcare. america only has mediocre results from its healthcare, but its most expensive in the world.
Socialized medicine fails everywhere it’s tried. No innovation and long ass wait times.

rickyb

Moderna vaccine prime example. i think its the nih thats involved w all the subsidies.

Many industries are like this in america. The system is described as state capitalist, and its how many western countries got rich. alot of the tech im writing this message on is govt. govt invests for decafes and givrs it away to private industry wen it becomes profitable

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Moderna vaccine prime example. i think its the nih thats involved w all the subsidies.

Many industries are like this in america. The system is described as state capitalist, and its how many western countries got rich. alot of the tech im writing this message on is govt. govt invests for decafes and givrs it away to private industry wen it becomes profitable
And that’s all you can come up with.

vantexan

funny how ppl worry about healthcare and justify trillions in military spending

u r the only western country that doesnt guarantee healthcare.
We're also the one western country that guarantees the safety of other western countries so that they can spend their money on healthcare. Trump demanded they pay their fair share on defense and our liberals whined about it.

rickyb

We're also the one western country that guarantees the safety of other western countries so that they can spend their money on healthcare. Trump demanded they pay their fair share on defense and our liberals whined about it.
no its not for our protection. thats what smith said