California Considering Socialized Medicine, Massive New Taxes To Pay For It

AKCoverMan

And there you see it, ladies and gentlemen, another sad case where people believe that “paid for by government” equals “free”. Hard to wrap your head around.

AKCoverMan

My question to my union brothers in Cali is.. what do you suppose happpens to the health care contributions currently being made by UPS per the contract? Do members get that money to pay for the ginormous taxes that will be hitting your paycheck.

In theory it could work out. In practice it won’t. There will be far too many RickyBs who don’t pay into the system but will expect every benefit.

Don’t get me wrong, the current system with its back door deals between mega hospital chains and insurance companies and big surprise bills because “your provider is out of network”, “cost was too hg” blah blah blah is also insane. Any UPS driver who has a big medical district on route has seen the big pharma reps at doctors offices dressed to nines, driving a Lexus knows that a good deal of healthcare money is spent on non patient care. Some of those offices are gorgeously appointed.

I once was covering such a route and delivered 95 cases of sterile water to an off hospital surgery center. All shipped next day air because money is no object it’s all passed on to patient. Can’t tell me that all or most of it could have gone ground at half the price.

I guess I’m glad Cali is trying it. If you could cut the wasted spending down well maybe it could work. But I doubt anyone will do that they will just shift burden 100% to those of us who work and therefore pay taxes, Freeloaders gonna freeload, cost will skyrocket. At least we can see results in one state. Don’t see how it ends in anything but bankruptcy for California.

AKCoverMan

how do you think the rich got rich? leeching off their workers

theyre vampires; ask malcolm x
They did not leech. They risked all. They built a business. And the workers profited too.

After a bad patch in my life I restarted from essentially nothing when I started my second career at UPS. Today my sweetie and I combine for $231K last year, we own our home, have close to half a million put away and we will both draw nice pensions to boot. Nobody leeching off me.

rickyb

My question to my union brothers in Cali is.. what do you suppose happpens to the health care contributions currently being made by UPS per the contract? Do members get that money to pay for the ginormous taxes that will be hitting your paycheck.

In theory it could work out. In practice it won’t. There will be far too many RickyBs who don’t pay into the system but will expect every benefit.

Don’t get me wrong, the current system with its back door deals between mega hospital chains and insurance companies and big surprise bills because “your provider is out of network”, “cost was too hg” blah blah blah is also insane. Any UPS driver who has a big medical district on route has seen the big pharma reps at doctors offices dressed to nines, driving a Lexus knows that a good deal of healthcare money is spent on non patient care. Some of those offices are gorgeously appointed.

I once was covering such a route and delivered 95 cases of sterile water to an off hospital surgery center. All shipped next day air because money is no object it’s all passed on to patient. Can’t tell me that all or most of it could have gone ground at half the price.

I guess I’m glad Cali is trying it. If you could cut the wasted spending down well maybe it could work. But I doubt anyone will do that they will just shift burden 100% to those of us who work and therefore pay taxes, Freeloaders gonna freeload, cost will skyrocket. At least we can see results in one state. Don’t see how it ends in anything but bankruptcy for California.
are all the other developed countries bankrupt?

rickyb

They did not leech. They risked all. They built a business. And the workers profited too.

After a bad patch in my life I restarted from essentially nothing when I started my second career at UPS. Today my sweetie and I combine for $231K last year, we own our home, have close to half a million put away and we will both draw nice pensions to boot. Nobody leeching off me.
workers risk too. its undemocratic anyways. power corrupts. 1 worker 1 vote would be much better and less power corruption.

are you a UPS worker? you are being exploited by definition, otherwise they would fire you if you werent profitable.

o and were in a capitalist civilization bubble

AKCoverMan

workers risk too. its undemocratic anyways. power corrupts. 1 worker 1 vote would be much better and less power corruption.

are you a UPS worker? you are being exploited by definition, otherwise they would fire you if you werent profitable.

o and were in a capitalist civilization bubble
Of course I drive for UPS. What forum do you think this is?

Of course my work has to be profitable for them, as well as myself. Both benefit. I didn’t have to buy my package car, or build the worldwide network. I don’t pay for fuel. But I collect a fat check and pension. And my work pays for my healthcare by way of fat contribution to our local unions healthcare plan. Books balance. Win win. Sorry not buying your “downtrodden worker exploited by big corporation” line.

At UPS in the US, over half of the money that customers pay for our services (there’s no free shipping, you get that at least right?) goes to the people who manage and operate this business. Only about 10% goes to the shareholders who invested their hard earned money (and Hey! that’s me again!) and expect a return on investment.

rickyb

Of course I drive for UPS. What forum do you think this is?

Of course my work has to be profitable for them, as well as myself. Both benefit. I didn’t have to buy my package car, or build the worldwide network. I don’t pay for fuel. But I collect a fat check and pension. And my work pays for my healthcare by way of fat contribution to our local unions healthcare plan. Books balance. Win win. Sorry not buying your “downtrodden worker exploited by big corporation” line.

At UPS in the US, over half of the money that customers pay for our services (there’s no free shipping, you get that at least right?) goes to the people who manage and operate this business. Only about 10% goes to the shareholders who invested their hard earned money (and Hey! that’s me again!) and expect a return on investment.
hey i worked for UPS too it sucked but walmart was worse. it was bureaucratic too, wasted a bunch of time memorizing some driving page, didnt spend enough time teaching other things.

speaking of share holders the 1% own 67% of all shares, top 10% own 90% of all shares on the stock market.

being a worker and taking orders is comparable to being a little kid and listening to mommy and daddy. democracy and capitalism dont work together. capitalism centralizes power. power corrupts. power is the problem. thats why u dont have a/c, or :censored2: driver seats, or not good enough work life balance.

for example i am a casual at a hospital and i tell them my schedule. so i dont work more than 2 days in a row, i prefer not to work more than 8 hours in a day. and i get LOA 3 months a year because i told them that.

i think china govt used to do free shipping, i ordered stuff on aliexpress before and i think that was chinas way of out competing north america.

UPS and the capitalists need their workers. workers dont need capitalism, theres 28000 non capitalist worker coops in italy as we speak.

AKCoverMan

hey i worked for UPS too it sucked but walmart was worse. it was bureaucratic too, wasted a bunch of time memorizing some driving page, didnt spend enough time teaching other things.

speaking of share holders the 1% own 67% of all shares, top 10% own 90% of all shares on the stock market.

being a worker and taking orders is comparable to being a little kid and listening to mommy and daddy. democracy and capitalism dont work together. capitalism centralizes power. power corrupts. power is the problem. thats why u dont have a/c, or :censored2: driver seats, or not good enough work life balance.

for example i am a casual at a hospital and i tell them my schedule. so i dont work more than 2 days in a row, i prefer not to work more than 8 hours in a day. and i get LOA 3 months a year because i told them that.

i think china govt used to do free shipping, i ordered stuff on aliexpress before and i think that was chinas way of out competing north america.

UPS and the capitalists need their workers. workers dont need capitalism, theres 28000 non capitalist worker coops in italy as we speak.
It’s hard to believe how out of touch with reality you are my friend. I am no “child taking orders”. I am doing a job for a fat payoff. One day fairly soon (my choice) I’ll quit working altogether and enjoy fruits of labor meanwhile I take six weeks off per year (paid) plus personal days (paid).

If part time gig at hospital is enough for you then great. I saw opportunity for better at UPS and now I have it. Cheers!

rickyb

It’s hard to believe how out of touch with reality you are my friend. I am no “child taking orders”. I am doing a job for a fat payoff. One day fairly soon (my choice) I’ll quit working altogether and enjoy fruits of labor meanwhile I take six weeks off per year (paid) plus personal days (paid).

If part time gig at hospital is enough for you then great. I saw opportunity for better at UPS and now I have it. Cheers!
This system is like the matrix. it appears a certain way but it doesnt actually work for most ppls benefit. Im talking about pollution and civilization collapse. do u know the rate at which species r going extinct? We r living in a capitalist bubble which hasnt popped yet. like the matrix, those who control the economy control most ppls minds.

We take orders on the job like children take orders from parents. but its true not everyone wants to be free, some ppl like control.

Anywho it couldve been worse for both of us up to this point. Thing will get worse if we dont rebel.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
This system is like the matrix. it appears a certain way but it doesnt actually work for most ppls benefit. Im talking about pollution and civilization collapse. do u know the rate at which species r going extinct? We r living in a capitalist bubble which hasnt popped yet. like the matrix, those who control the economy control most ppls minds.

We take orders on the job like children take orders from parents. but its true not everyone wants to be free, some ppl like control.

Anywho it couldve been worse for both of us up to this point. Thing will get worse if we dont rebel.
99.9% of all species that have ever lived on earth have gone extinct.