California increase in minimum wage

bacha29

First Amendment: …”or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Trump called for a peaceful protest. Unfortunately, the protesters paid attention to what happened during the BLM protests, some mimicked them.
Hahahahaha. We'll see if he's absolved in the days ahead.

bacha29

Admit you were wrong.
Then I'll discuss your newest ramblings.
I'm not wrong. The Teamsters were created out of violence. Gaining the legal standing came later through legislation and as SCOTUS has ruled state courts can make a labor union pay dearly for it's actions that up to now were considered "protected activity".

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Okay, Chicken Little, patrolling and defending your country’s borders is not a police state. Your hysteria is hysterical.
You could tell bacha that there are 50 states and he would come up with some stupid, illogical comment or argument to the contrary.

bacha29

And when he’s re-elected, he can pardon everyone charged from January 6!
If he does in 2 years he will lose both houses of Congress and the GOP majority in most state houses and governors races. Several members of his staff have stated that Trump was told that he had lost the election and admitted privately that he had lost the election . We will soon learn if his claim of presidential immunity stands or not.
In the meantime try answering this question: How many crimes should a president be allowed to commit and still be deserving of a nation's forgiveness?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If he does in 2 years he will lose both houses of Congress and the GOP majority in most state houses and governors races. Several members of his staff have stated that Trump was told that he had lost the election and admitted privately that he had lost the election . We will soon learn if his claim of presidential immunity stands or not.
In the meantime try answering this question: How many crimes should a president be allowed to commit and still be deserving of a nation's forgiveness?
Rent free in your mind 24/7.

yadig

Crimes?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And CA isn't mandating prosperity. They are mandating businesses pay a more livable wage ($20/hr).
And I would wager that if California didn’t tax its citizens so much, they would have more of what they already earned and would have a higher standard of living.

vantexan

Ask Joe Biden. He's gotten away with everything so far.

yadig

So true. After I was rehired at $10.85hr I worked almost 15 years before quitting again and left at $18.17hr. The company never intended for us to prosper.
In fifteen years you received $7.32 in compensation? What a dxxx joke! I know you believe that’s the best they could do. It’s a crying shame how they treat people and the customers are starting to feel the blunt of it. Imagine a union in place in those fifteen years.,

Thebrownblob

In fifteen years you received $7.32 in compensation? What a dxxx joke! I know you believe that’s the best they could do. It’s a crying shame how they treat people and the customers are starting to feel the blunt of it. Imagine a union in place in those fifteen years.,
When I helped with the informational campaign at FedEx, we were told things like “Fred will take care of us”, and “we don’t need a union” over and over again by many of the employees. Even though I knew the wage gap and benefit gap was large then between UPS and FedEx. I had no idea how bad it was, and it only grew more and more as the years went by. There must’ve been a great amount of propaganda and mind manipulation/fear going on there to get people to believe they were being taken care of while they were being fleeced, and now waded up and thrown away. They made their choice.