California increase in minimum wage

Thebrownblob

It's not the legislative branch but rather SCOTUS that has given state courts the right to allow companies to sue for damages alleged to have been cause by destructive union activities.
I understand the ruling that you’re talking about. But an informational campaign does not do damage or destruction. And this was in the early to mid 90s when we were doing this.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's not the legislative branch but rather SCOTUS that has given state courts the right to allow companies to sue for damages alleged to have been cause by destructive union activities.
So do not destroy anything.

MAKAVELI

Yes, companies want maximum profits. Do you not think that if all $15/hr employees are now required to pay 20 the companies are just going to eat the cost of that? Or will they raise prices to keep up with that maximum profit?
Does UPS eat the cost of $50 hr drivers?

bacha29

I'm well aware that you don't know this, but there's nothing in the Bible commanding taxes to be collected for the benefit of the poor.
When you leave in the morning be glad that the road you drive on wasn't paid for with charity dollars. Or the flight path of the plane you've boarded is not being directed by charitable volunteers in the tower. And should your house catch on fire while you're gone and all that shows up are volunteers.....just send them a text and tell them to let in burn making cleaning up the site easier and quicker.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
When you leave in the morning be glad that the road you drive on wasn't paid for with charity dollars. Or the flight path of the plane you've boarded is not being directed by charitable volunteers in the tower. And should your house catch on fire while you're gone and all that shows up are volunteers.....just send them a text and tell them to let in burn making cleaning up the site easier and quicker.
In Bachaland, everyone should work for the government, and that generous government should tend to the every need of the people.

We could live in Utopia, if only we would give up all our rights and freedoms. So sayeth @bacha29 !

bacha29

In Bachaland, everyone should work for the government, and that generous government should tend to the every need of the people.

We could live in Utopia, if only we would give up all our rights and freedoms. So sayeth @bacha29 !
If you don't want to help pay for key public services that's fine . Just don't use them and expect somebody else to pay for them.

bacha29

But everything is key to liberals!
Let's see what you think about this. A pay as you go highway system. You want to drive somewhere that day on public owned roads. You go out to your car punch in the codes (car won't start with out them) plug in how many miles you want to drive that day scan your credit/debit card....car starts and away you go. Don't use all the miles the balance rolls over to the next day. Now you're out there driving and the car informs you that you're reaching the end of your purchased miles and allows you to purchase additional miles while driving. This will leave you with four choices:
1. Purchase additional miles.
2. Turn around and hope that you can make it back home before you run out of miles.
3. Let the car shut off coast over to the side of the road and wait for a wrecker to come and haul your cheap ass back home.
4. Call a ride share and purchase time and miles from the ride share.

Remember old saying...."Gas, ass or grass...nobody rides for free".

Let's see what you think about this. A pay as you go highway system. You want to drive somewhere that day on public owned roads. You go out to your car punch in the codes (car won't start with out them) plug in how many miles you want to drive that day scan your credit/debit card....car starts and away you go. Don't use all the miles the balance rolls over to the next day. Now you're out there driving and the car informs you that you're reaching the end of your purchased miles and allows you to purchase additional miles while driving. This will leave you with four choices:
1. Purchase additional miles.
2. Turn around and hope that you can make it back home before you run out of miles.
3. Let the car shut off coast over to the side of the road and wait for a wrecker to come and haul your cheap ass back home.
4. Call a ride share and purchase time and miles from the ride share.

Remember old saying...."Gas, ass or grass...nobody rides for free".
That's what all these electric vehicles need to do
Anybody that has a gasoline power vehicle is playing plenty of gas taxes at the fuel pump

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You want to drive somewhere that day on public owned roads. You go out to your car punch in the codes (car won't start with out them) plug in how many miles you want to drive that day scan your credit/debit card....car starts and away you go.
This is what you Democrats want because of your climate change religion.

Buying indulgences for sinning against almighty mother Earth.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
This is what you Democrats want because of your climate change religion.

Buying indulgences for sinning against almighty mother Earth.
The Last Democrats….
IMG_5823.jpeg

fatboy33

I remember watching one party say no to a sitting president regarding his Supreme court nominee. From that day on, I've come realized anything that happens, that party allows it to happen.

vantexan

I remember watching one party say no to a sitting president regarding his Supreme court nominee. From that day on, I've come realized anything that happens, that party allows it to happen.
Considering how Merrick Garland has turned out as AG, I think we dodged a bullet not putting him on the Supreme Court.

bacha29

Which situation are you talking about? The GOP controlled Senate that said that the 263 day timeline following the death of Anton Scalia was too close to the presidential election to confirm a new Supreme Court judge or the 46 day timeline following the death of Ruth Bader Ginsberg when it said that it wasn't too close to confirm a new judge?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Which situation are you talking about? The GOP controlled Senate that said that the 263 day timeline following the death of Anton Scalia was too close to the presidential election to confirm a new Supreme Court judge or the 46 day timeline following the death of Ruth Bader Ginsberg when it said that it wasn't too close to confirm a new judge?
Good, good
Keep seething

1605036726201m.jpg