California increase in minimum wage

yadig

When I helped with the informational campaign at FedEx, we were told things like “Fred will take care of us”, and “we don’t need a union” over and over again by many of the employees. Even though I knew the wage gap and benefit gap was large then between UPS and FedEx. I had no idea how bad it was, and it only grew more and more as the years went by. There must’ve been a great amount of propaganda and mind manipulation/fear going on there to get people to believe they were being taken care of while they were being fleeced, and now waded up and thrown away. They made their choice.
The company is full of vans and Dano’s. You have the one who thinks the company’s doing the best it can in compensation and the other one who wants to take more away!

bacha29

Are you saying that sexual assault of a woman and business fraud are not crimes due to the fact that they were committed by Orange Jesus despite the fact that he was tried and convicted of them? All that's left now for his disciples is the hope that the convictions are overturned on appeal.

bacha29

When I helped with the informational campaign at FedEx, we were told things like “Fred will take care of us”, and “we don’t need a union” over and over again by many of the employees. Even though I knew the wage gap and benefit gap was large then between UPS and FedEx. I had no idea how bad it was, and it only grew more and more as the years went by. There must’ve been a great amount of propaganda and mind manipulation/fear going on there to get people to believe they were being taken care of while they were being fleeced, and now waded up and thrown away. They made their choice.
What you saw was the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy in all it's glory. People who in reality were nothing more than gear punchers and letter flippers who considered themselves to be "career professionals" with guaranteed employment.

With "protected activity" under attack in the courts even simple information campaigns may leave unions on the wrong side of a costly damage award making it much more hesitant to take risks in order to organize labor groups. It needs to find an entirely new approach and method of organizing work forces given that unions are gaining a more favorable public opinion for the first time in many years.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They chose poorly….never trust the company to make decisions with your best interests in mind.

yadig

Are you saying that sexual assault of a woman and business fraud are not crimes due to the fact that they were committed by Orange Jesus despite the fact that he was tried and convicted of them? All that's left now for his disciples is the hope that the convictions are overturned on appeal.
She even said it wasn’t sexual assault! Ttku. What business fraud? I’m not a trumper by the way. I’m fully supporting JFK jr! Th hxxx with both corrupt parties!

Thebrownblob

What you saw was the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy in all it's glory. People who in reality were nothing more than gear punchers and letter flippers who considered themselves to be "career professionals" with guaranteed employment.

With "protected activity" under attack in the courts even simple information campaigns may leave unions on the wrong side of a costly damage award making it much more hesitant to take risks in order to organize labor groups. It needs to find an entirely new approach and method of organizing work forces given that unions are gaining a more favorable public opinion for the first time in many years.
Never had any legal trouble with the information campaign. If the government really want to do anything, it would’ve gotten rid of railway act status that the company gets to hide behind if they really wanted to help.

FedupExpress

Hilarious!

vantexan

The company is full of vans and Dano’s. You have the one who thinks the company’s doing the best it can in compensation and the other one who wants to take more away!
I've never said the company is doing the best it can. I've said all along that the money isn't there to give couriers UPS comparable pay and benefits. We've got people on here who were never Express employees but hate FedEx so much that they push the idea in order to sow discord that FedEx is cheating you by not paying UPS level pay and benefits. And some people here eat that up. It's what they want to hear. If you're going to claim I'm saying this or that then have the cojones to post the numbers proving me wrong. You refuse to acknowledge that moving most of the freight by air has built in costs that keep the company from making a lot of profit from Express. That only starting Ground has allowed them to improve profits. Looks like they intend to continue to improve profits by growing Ground at Expresses' expense so don't hold your breath that much of that increase will come your way.

tourists24

And CA isn't mandating prosperity. They are mandating businesses pay a more livable wage ($20/hr).
Of course with this mandate there will now be higher prices passed along and/or businesses will lower the number of employees to do the work; so not sure how much more livable it will actually be. But we'll see soon enough

yadig

I've never said the company is doing the best it can. I've said all along that the money isn't there to give couriers UPS comparable pay and benefits. We've got people on here who were never Express employees but hate FedEx so much that they push the idea in order to sow discord that FedEx is cheating you by not paying UPS level pay and benefits. And some people here eat that up. It's what they want to hear. If you're going to claim I'm saying this or that then have the cojones to post the numbers proving me wrong. You refuse to acknowledge that moving most of the freight by air has built in costs that keep the company from making a lot of profit from Express. That only starting Ground has allowed them to improve profits. Looks like they intend to continue to improve profits by growing Ground at Expresses' expense so don't hold your breath that much of that increase will come your way.
Let’s just agree to disagree

MAKAVELI

Of course with this mandate there will now be higher prices passed along and/or businesses will lower the number of employees to do the work; so not sure how much more livable it will actually be. But we'll see soon enough
Prices go up no matter what the employees wages are. Businesses want maximum profit and if customers keep buying then prices will keep rising. I haven't heard of one UPSer that is willing to give up their raises to keep rates down for the customer.

bacha29

Never had any legal trouble with the information campaign. If the government really want to do anything, it would’ve gotten rid of railway act status that the company gets to hide behind if they really wanted to help.
It's not the legislative branch but rather SCOTUS that has given state courts the right to allow companies to sue for damages alleged to have been cause by destructive union activities.

tourists24

Prices go up no matter what the employees wages are. Businesses want maximum profit and if customers keep buying then prices will keep rising. I haven't heard of one UPSer that is willing to give up their raises to keep rates down for the customer.
Yes, companies want maximum profits. Do you not think that if all $15/hr employees are now required to pay 20 the companies are just going to eat the cost of that? Or will they raise prices to keep up with that maximum profit?