Call in to see if you are working

UPSER1987

I've already answered his question. Why would I ask him if he voted?
Because some turd always asks that question when he doesn’t know the answer. Why does a union member have to come to an anonymous forum to get questions answered? You guys need to get your smile* together.

542thruNthru

Because some turd always asks that question when he doesn’t know the answer. Why does a union member have to come to an anonymous forum to get questions answered? You guys need to get your smile* together.

You guys? I though you were one of us? Did you accidentally forget that lie?

Also why ask me the question when it's so painfully obvious that I had already helped him. You management people are a mess these days.

UPSER1987

You guys? I though you were one of us? Did you accidentally forget that lie?

Also why ask me the question when it's so painfully obvious that I had already helped him. You management people are a mess these days.

You guys... as stewards ...leaders of the brotherhood. You should be ripping your peer from whatever local he is in.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
They dont ask it because they don't know the answer, they ask it because if you can't take the time to participate in the union by casting a vote, why should we waste time by answering their questions and educating them?

UPSER1987

They dont ask it because they don't know the answer, they ask it because if you can't take the time to participate in the union by casting a vote, why should we waste time by answering their questions and educating them?

In my local, there is no formal education available for new union members. Someone will take the time to take his money, but nothing else. After the union takes the time to take their money, Mr. / Ms. union member, you’re on your own!

Needabiggerhammer

That’s not how the contract reads though. It says employee will be given a start time before noon or they will be released for the day AFTER CONTACTING THE CENTER.

So you’re not released until you contact the center and verify they don’t need you sometime after noon.

I’d do exactly as the contract states. Sit and wait for a phone call until noon then call in and see if you’re released or need to come in.

It could be interpreted as you don't have any obligation to call until after 12 noon when no start time has been given, at which point you call and "check in".

1stgear

In my local, there is no formal education available for new union members. Someone will take the time to take his money, but nothing else. After the union takes the time to take their money, Mr. / Ms. union member, you’re on your own!

I have received nothing from my local whatsoever. I don’t know who my union rep is either, I was given no direction from anyone on any of this. Blind in all aspects.

UPSER1987

I have received nothing from my local whatsoever. I don’t know who my union rep is either, I was given no direction from anyone on any of this. Blind in all aspects.

That’s the norm. It’s not your fault. It’s the ol’ bait and switch...take your money and run.
Even though you’re a dues paying member, you’ll have to do a lot of your own homework. Most stewards are there for their own self interests.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
That’s the norm. It’s not your fault. It’s the ol’ bait and switch...take your money and run.
Even though you’re a dues paying member, you’ll have to do a lot of your own homework. Most stewards are there for their own self interests.

Here's a tidbit, they offer almost the same amount of education to stewards as they do everyone else. I've been at it over two years now and I'm still learning the ropes.

The guys in my building are so apathetic they make excuses for the managers when they harass them. I try to get people together and take on issues, but everyone would rather load their car off the clock and take their lunch at the end of the day, if at all. I am just about ready to start filing grievances on everything. It'll be like a part time job after work, and I'll probably get tarred and feathered by my coworkers to boot.

What part of AZ you from?

UPSER1987

Here's a tidbit, they offer almost the same amount of education to stewards as they do everyone else. I've been at it over two years now and I'm still learning the ropes.

The guys in my building are so apathetic they make excuses for the managers when they harass them. I try to get people together and take on issues, but everyone would rather load their car off the clock and take their lunch at the end of the day, if at all. I am just about ready to start filing grievances on everything. It'll be like a part time job after work, and I'll probably get tarred and feathered by my coworkers to boot.

What part of AZ you from?

Phoenix. It’s a sad group. Just worried about days off. You are your own. There is so much mis-information and apathy here because no one will take the time to organize education.

@1stgear please ignore this person. He is management.

Just because I have my own opinions and don’t follow the sheeple, doesn’t mean I’m management. I am not.