Call in to see if you are working

1stgear

What state are you in?
What has managment told you?

I’m in Oregon. Management hasn’t said anything except asked me to call at x:xx. I imagine the union has some sort of say in how many times they can have us call? I don’t mint calling a couple times, or having extra days off, but I don’t like sitting around from 7 am-11am not knowing if I am working

542thruNthru

I’m in Oregon. Management hasn’t said anything except asked me to call at x:xx. I imagine the union has some sort of say in how many times they can have us call? I don’t mint calling a couple times, or having extra days off, but I don’t like sitting around from 7 am-11am not knowing if I am working

One last question. Do you know what local you are?

KoennenTiger

I suggest you stop calling and just start showing up in the morning in uniform. Let mngmt know you are there to work and ready to go. Yes there are going to be a few days you go home but back when I was tcd I just showed up and ended up doing something almost every day. Sometimes that something was driving to another center, but I'd be doing it in a package car and clocked in.

Just start showing up in the morning. Don't call in, walk right up to your on road and let him know you're ready to work.

1stgear

I suggest you stop calling and just start showing up in the morning in uniform. Let mngmt know you are there to work and ready to go. Yes there are going to be a few days you go home but back when I was tcd I just showed up and ended up doing something almost every day. Sometimes that something was driving to another center, but I'd be doing it in a package car and clocked in.

Just start showing up in the morning. Don't call in, walk right up to your on road and let him know you're ready to work.

That is one way to go about it.

542thruNthru

Screenshot_20190816-210035_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190816-210035_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190816-210035_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 215

KoennenTiger

That is one way to go about it.

Just show up. Heck after everyone is dispatched hang around for a bit. I mean you'll get used to it anyway and once you're a bid driver or high senority cover guy you'll be working every day anyway.

Hang out. You'll be running LIB. You'll be shuttling air. You'll run blown out trucks leftovers. You'll be running misloads between guys. You'll be there to run a route when a guy no shows or calls out late, or when the FTer :censored2: up and doesn't schedule a cover guy for a route. That happens.

Heck sometimes they'd just put me to work moving carts around and stacking boxes in the hub for a few hours. Sometimes after that they'd send me out to help bid guys.

Don't call in. Show up ready to go.

My first two months as cover my sup told me to call in on Mondays since the route I was training on was cut on Mondays, after it was known they were passing me I just started showing up and they'd put me on routes in neighboring areas.

Callin' in after you pass packet just makes you look lazy IMO.

Show up, if they don't need you, go home or learn a new route in the jump seat with another driver.