Calling all Wellness co-chairs...

Cowboy Mac

Some could say spending your time on an online forum could be a bigger waste of time, but we are still all here.
I think the whole practice of the safety committee is a sham. Even if you get a good co-chair who isn’t just in it for the perks, and good committee members who care, they are very limited to what they can do to fix safety issues.

There is always push back from management, and too much management control of the safety committee. To the point that nothing gets done, except for paperwork and documentation that management tries to use against the employees later on.

I have seen safety committee giving answers to quizzes and compliance training and having employees sign that they understand the material when they don’t. I have seen safety people tell employees to log in and the safety person do the compliance for the employee while they are working.

I have seen safety people riding around with management doing observations on drivers.

I have seen safety committees at the gate passing out candy and soda for a week straight in the summertime. For breakfast. How about some fruit or some water/Gatorade?

So many dishonest and scummy things going on that they need to scrap the whole thing and start over.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I think the whole practice of the safety committee is a sham. Even if you get a good co-chair who isn’t just in it for the perks, and good committee members who care, they are very limited to what they can do to fix safety issues.

There is always push back from management, and too much management control of the safety committee. To the point that nothing gets done, except for paperwork and documentation that management tries to use against the employees later on.

I have seen safety committee giving answers to quizzes and compliance training and having employees sign that they understand the material when they don’t. I have seen safety people tell employees to log in and the safety person do the compliance for the employee while they are working.

I have seen safety people riding around with management doing observations on drivers.

I have seen safety committees at the gate passing out candy and soda for a week straight in the summertime. For breakfast. How about some fruit or some water/Gatorade?

So many dishonest and scummy things going on that they need to scrap the whole thing and start over.
I don't disagree with much of this post.

qdg2

You didn't mention the collusion of the union.

Around here, the Chairs are all stewards. So, all above is well known by all.

Our system was scrapped and started over. This is what they came up with.

Fried chicken and overtime for the stewards. Lot's of a/c too.

No? Better believe it.

All in clear, bright daylight. Approved by all.

BTW, imagine when the next tragedy occurs.....if this ever came to light in the investigation.....falsifying documents as you say.

qdg2

I don't disagree with much of this post.
Attend one of these meetings......it's quite clear nobody's looking to make changes or improvements. Especially if it's going to cost time(money) or just money. There can be a fatality and absolutely nothing will be said or done or changed. Seen that many, many times.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Try doing that to a RPCD , I’ll tell you to 🤬 off

😎✊
Oh no, these are part time preloaders kept on after peak that have never been asked after training. They pull people off their post if they can't answer most of the safety questions. I only asked temp drivers that were brought back in the bldg. Gosh, none of them could tell me the 8 things to know because they're "yard certified". I would never ask a driver these things, that's gor supervisors. However, none of the drivers in my center are rude, bitter, or bold enough to tell me to 🤬 off because I'm simply doing what is asked of me & is considered part of my job. Grateful drivers like you aren't at my center!

Just wander around the building collecting that easy overtime
Don’t forget your clipboard and green vest
I'm not a supervisor, refused to be one. I unload & sort in the primary mainly, fill in for DA, & float around loading pkg cars. In our center, only supervisors carry clipboards & wear green vests. I don't get overtime, we only get 3.5hrs a day for preload. I'm putting in my time like every other driver in my center has until driver spots are available. Don't assume anything about people just from a small post.

Man, some of y'all are petty & bitter af! Original post asked about wellness stuff. Why respond if you don't have anything to contribute that's beneficial to said topic? If you just need to vent about your problems, what you hate about your job & life, or just need to be heard & validated; I'll be happy to put you in touch with your center's wellness co-chair to help you find a therapist. If not, back away from the keyboard & go about your business.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Man, some of y'all are petty & bitter af! Original post asked about wellness stuff. Why respond if you don't have anything to contribute that's beneficial to said topic? If you just need to vent about your problems, what you hate about your job & life, or just need to be heard & validated; I'll be happy to put you in touch with your center's wellness co-chair to help you find a therapist. If not, back away from the keyboard & go about your business.
Face it. Zero is accomplished from any wellness demonstration.

542thruNthru

Oh no, these are part time preloaders kept on after peak that have never been asked after training. They pull people off their post if they can't answer most of the safety questions. I only asked temp drivers that were brought back in the bldg. Gosh, none of them could tell me the 8 things to know because they're "yard certified". I would never ask a driver these things, that's gor supervisors. However, none of the drivers in my center are rude, bitter, or bold enough to tell me to 🤬 off because I'm simply doing what is asked of me & is considered part of my job. Grateful drivers like you aren't at my center!

I'm not a supervisor, refused to be one. I unload & sort in the primary mainly, fill in for DA, & float around loading pkg cars. In our center, only supervisors carry clipboards & wear green vests. I don't get overtime, we only get 3.5hrs a day for preload. I'm putting in my time like every other driver in my center has until driver spots are available. Don't assume anything about people just from a small post.

Ah yes the safety committee members that acts like he does it because he cares about safety. Please! You do it because you get paid to start early. Only reason the other guy cares is probably because the co chair starts 30 min earlier than he does and he wants the 30 min also because he's the wellness champ.

It's all about time and money. That's it kiss ass

Ah yes the safety committee members that acts like he does it because he cares about safety. Please! You do it because you get paid to start early. Only reason the other guy cares is probably because the co chair starts 30 min earlier than he does and he wants the 30 min also because he's the wellness champ.

They're also good at running Misloads and sweeping pickups

Again, I am not safety. It's different from wellness. I can help out with safety! Educate yourself. I actually do care about others, I'm a decent human being. I see my coworkers as people who rely on them & have families to go home to. Which is one of the many reasons why I refuse to be a supervisor. I don't want them getting injured if it's preventable. I've had no problems standing up to supervisors for another human being mistreated. I also never denied it wasn't about the extra time. I get about a whole hour extra a week for wellness stuff, not 30 mins a day! 🤦‍♀️ Noone is ever truly altruistic, there is always a personal motive for any action a person makes. My motive is giving me that extra hour a week for gas bc I travel 62 miles round trip everyday. Hopefully now you can sleep better.