Calling all Wellness co-chairs...

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Man, some of y'all are petty & bitter af! Original post asked about wellness stuff. Why respond if you don't have anything to contribute that's beneficial to said topic? If you just need to vent about your problems, what you hate about your job & life, or just need to be heard & validated; I'll be happy to put you in touch with your center's wellness co-chair to help you find a therapist. If not, back away from the keyboard & go about your business.

They’re so cute at this stage
Lmao

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Oh no, these are part time preloaders kept on after peak that have never been asked after training. They pull people off their post if they can't answer most of the safety questions. I only asked temp drivers that were brought back in the bldg. Gosh, none of them could tell me the 8 things to know because they're "yard certified". I would never ask a driver these things, that's gor supervisors. However, none of the drivers in my center are rude, bitter, or bold enough to tell me to 🤬 off because I'm simply doing what is asked of me & is considered part of my job. Grateful drivers like you aren't at my center!

So, you’ll go around and harass the part timers with your nonsense. But you don’t bother the drivers with it
That doesent sound right. Are you scared of the mean old drivers ?

542thruNthru

Again, I am not safety. It's different from wellness. I can help out with safety! Educate yourself. I actually do care about others, I'm a decent human being. I see my coworkers as people who rely on them & have families to go home to. Which is one of the many reasons why I refuse to be a supervisor. I don't want them getting injured if it's preventable. I've had no problems standing up to supervisors for another human being mistreated. I also never denied it wasn't about the extra time. I get about a whole hour extra a week for wellness stuff, not 30 mins a day! 🤦‍♀️ Noone is ever truly altruistic, there is always a personal motive for any action a person makes. My motive is giving me that extra hour a week for gas bc I travel 62 miles round trip everyday. Hopefully now you can sleep better.
Wellness is part of safety. Same money pool. Educate yourself kid.

So, you’ll go around and harass the part timers with your nonsense. But you don’t bother the drivers with it
That doesent sound right. Are you scared of the mean old drivers ?
No, I'm not a driver supervisor, I don't ask bc it's not a job I'm allowed to. I am a part-time union employee. It's not harassment, it's basic compliance stuff? I guess my center is the exception, nobody looks at it as harassment or as an annoyance. Not all take it seriously, but they definitely aren't immature & bitter about it.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
No, I'm not a driver supervisor, I don't ask bc it's not a job I'm allowed to. I am a part-time union employee. It's not harassment, it's basic compliance stuff? I guess my center is the exception, nobody looks at it as harassment or as an annoyance. Not all take it seriously, but they definitely aren't immature & bitter about it.
When you have heard the same stupid :censored2: everyday for 20 years maybe you’ll understand .
🧔‍♂️✊

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
2668B2AB-5AC7-4451-94CE-0EFBC0BBBB71.jpeg

Arizona driver enjoying his wellness break!
🧔‍♂️✊

Wellness is part of safety. Same money pool. Educate yourself kid.
I said that in my earlier posts. It's similar, but not the same. We were instructed during training by Occupational Health rep that we are 2 separate entities. We can help with safety, but we are to stay separate. If what you are saying is accurate, then I'm being trained incorrectly. I'll be sure to email her in the morning to get clarification so that I'm educated properly. Lastly, I'm not a kid.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I said that in my earlier posts. It's similar, but not the same. We were instructed during training by Occupational Health rep that we are 2 separate entities. We can help with safety, but we are to stay separate. If what you are saying is accurate, then I'm being trained incorrectly. I'll be sure to email her in the morning to get clarification so that I'm educated properly. Lastly, I'm not a kid.

How long have you been working at UPS?
🧔‍♂️✊

542thruNthru

Again, I am not safety. It's different from wellness. I can help out with safety! Educate yourself. I actually do care about others, I'm a decent human being. I see my coworkers as people who rely on them & have families to go home to. Which is one of the many reasons why I refuse to be a supervisor. I don't want them getting injured if it's preventable. I've had no problems standing up to supervisors for another human being mistreated. I also never denied it wasn't about the extra time. I get about a whole hour extra a week for wellness stuff, not 30 mins a day! 🤦‍♀️ Noone is ever truly altruistic, there is always a personal motive for any action a person makes. My motive is giving me that extra hour a week for gas bc I travel 62 miles round trip everyday. Hopefully now you can sleep better.
I'm not safety I'm in wellness! This is what I imagine you being like. Lol

542thruNthru

I said that in my earlier posts. It's similar, but not the same. We were instructed during training by Occupational Health rep that we are 2 separate entities. We can help with safety, but we are to stay separate. If what you are saying is accurate, then I'm being trained incorrectly. I'll be sure to email her in the morning to get clarification so that I'm educated properly.
OHR of course is telling you that. Guess what UPS says you are and how you're coded in the system.
Lastly, I'm not a kid.
Oh sorry sport. You got it, tiger.

They grow up so fast.

How long have you been working at UPS?
🧔‍♂️✊

View attachment 416210
Want to be taken seriously but don't even know what committee you're part of
That only mentions two of the five wellness co-chair's topics they are responsible to cover. That is safety info. Some of that is covered in wellness, but only a small portion. Perhaps it's something new for UPS, I've only been with the company for 2 years. It's about the employee as a whole. Helping them find financial resources, helping find respite care for parents or children with special needs, getting in touch with the right financial planner, guiding them with finding legal services, an employee needing assistance with locating housing, navigating our health insurance site. Overall, helping the employee be the best they can be.