Cameras in Feeder Equipment

Indecisi0n

I don't care if they install cameras looking out the windshield or behind the tractor. It really bothers me that one would be aimed at me making a movie of me all day. That's too intrusive and warrants a grievance. The Union has to take a stand here.

I agree. I am not very photogenic.

I don't care if they install cameras looking out the windshield or behind the tractor. It really bothers me that one would be aimed at me making a movie of me all day. That's too intrusive and warrants a grievance. The Union has to take a stand here.

Just before you get in the seat, off camera, unzip your fly.

over9five

Staff member
Article 37:

"The employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the performance of his or her duties".

"IN ANY WAY........OVERLY SUPERVISE"

Having a camera in your face for your entire shift is clearly a violation of the contract.

iowa boy

If they are actually doing this, just hope they put a microphone in there with ya so that way they can really hear how good you are at passin gas while on the road.
:yesssmileyf:
If they want to watch every move you make, then give them something to watch. :surprise:

JonFrum

Article 37:

"The employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in the performance of his or her duties".

"IN ANY WAY........OVERLY SUPERVISE"

Having a camera in your face for your entire shift is clearly a violation of the contract.
As is monitoring a Package Car Driver with Telematics and GPS.

Yup, but having a camera mounted 18 inches from your face watching you all day takes it to a whole new level.
If this ends up happening I think it would be fun to make funny faces at the camera. You could blow kisses at them or show them your face right before you are about to blow your wad. You could practice in the mirror making your most studley face also.

brett636

I would think this would be a waste of time and money for the company to even attempt. what can they get from a camera that they can't get from GPS and telematics? Who in any center or feeder department has the time to watch the hours of videos produced by such a system of a driver holding a steering wheel going down the road.

CharleyHustle

Who in any center or feeder department has the time to watch the hours of videos produced by such a system of a driver holding a steering wheel going down the road.

I would think that any camera would have a small amount of recording space, and would probably be on something like a loop and record over itself. They wouldn't be interested in the long hours where nothing happens, but if you should have to stop suddenly or take evasive action or actually hit something, they would be very interested in what you were doing just before and during these events.

lazydriver

I was reading a trucking magazine I receive about the NTSB recommending onboard video because of an accident involving a bobtail, young kid in a pu truck texting, and a school bus in the St Louis area several years ago. Maybe thats why UPS in St. Louis is trying this out.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
We do have cameras in a couple of pkg cars here. Found by accident while installing keyless. High value cars with a lot of loss issues. Boy security was mad when we called them on it seems, auto mngt was not informed and someone tied into battery box w/out a inline fuse potential fire hazard.

Cementups

Box Monkey
So why aren't the package cars equipped with the same type of cameras?

SHUT YOUR FACE!!!!

But seriously, I don't like the idea of a camera staring me in the face but the person on the other end will certainly be entertained when they see me picking my nose. I also sing a lot while I am driving and delivering so they will certainly have a treat. I make myself laugh incessantly at times too. If they see that I may have a nice white jacket with extra long sleeves waiting for me when I get back to the building.

over9five

Staff member
SHUT YOUR FACE!!!!

But seriously, I don't like the idea of a camera staring me in the face but the person on the other end will certainly be entertained when they see me picking my nose. I also sing a lot while I am driving and delivering so they will certainly have a treat. I make myself laugh incessantly at times too. If they see that I may have a nice white jacket with extra long sleeves waiting for me when I get back to the building.

OMG, I sing all day....... Hope they have sound as well as video!