Cameras in Feeder Equipment

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I do the same. Its only at work that i realize how many of my "favorite songs" i don't know the words to. Then i just sing the choirs over and over again.

I will hear a song at one of my delivery stops and that song will be stuck in my head all day.

While I can see the use of this equipment from a safety point of view their use blurs the line of excessive supervision.

bluehdmc

While I can see the use of this equipment from a safety point of view their use blurs the line of excessive supervision.

Blurs the line??? I think it exceeds the line entirely and sounds like spying, why don't they just mount a jumpseat behind the driver so they can look over his shoulder all day?

Anyway, maybe I can use it to hang my hat on.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
More information. From what I've been able to read the recording device captures 15 min of video on a loop sys. Basically works the same way as a block box on aircraft.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They use telematics for the reason that best suits there need at that time. Whether its in our best interests which it usually never is or not.

OK---customer calls in complaint that you were speeding through a trailer park. Telematics data shows you were travelling at or below the posted speed limit. Second customer calls in saying you drove over their lawn--Telematics shows that you were nowhere near that address.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
OK---customer calls in complaint that you were speeding through a trailer park. Telematics data shows you were travelling at or below the posted speed limit. Second customer calls in saying you drove over their lawn--Telematics shows that you were nowhere near that address.

Telematics showed a package as having been DR'd in the middle of the woods adjacent to a particular subdivision when the route next to mine got the followup last week.

I had a followup that showed me having DR'd the package on the front porch on the opposite side of the street, 3 doors down.
Only problem is that this particular house burned down a year ago and is now a vacant lot.

Telematics is not a reliable tool to condemn or vindicate anybody.
It has no place in the disciplinary process.