Can UPS make the bottom 10 FULL TIME Into 22.4

UPS MAN Dallas TX

I got lucky and bid the last mon-fri route so i escaped within 2 months but some guys had to do it over a year. It will depend on how many and how often they put up the 22.4 bids .....management will drag their feet and put it off as long as possible. We were all top rate so they wanted us off saturdays and replaced with cheap 22.4. You may be looking at a year of Saturdays my friend..RIP @UPS MAN Huston TX
✊🧔
So because I am a Monday - Friday full time driver if I have to work Tuesday- Saturday in a 22.4 job I will still get my full time raises and time and a half on Saturdays. Correct?

Zowert

No . They can force a rpcd into a T-S schedule until they get a full stable of 22.4's. But they only have 18 months from when they start Saturday deliveries. After that they'll just force you in on Saturdays and you'll work 6 days a week while the 22.4's work 5.
Yup. They’re forcing a lot of RPCDs that are M-friend in on Saturdays here. Every damn Saturday. We don’t have enough 22.4s. Bottom seniority RPCDs get screwed into 6 day work weeks while supervisors and 22.4s get two days off a week. Best contract ever!

Big Rigger

Free turkey! Sign me up!
Will work for food. BoringCheeryAmericancreamdraft-size_restricted.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No . They can force a rpcd into a T-S schedule until they get a full stable of 22.4's. But they only have 18 months from when they start Saturday deliveries. After that they'll just force you in on Saturdays and you'll work 6 days a week while the 22.4's work 5.
Which is not what the contract says at all. So glad we recorded them so the union can point right to what the intent of the language was....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All I'm saying is 22.4s or not. People are still going to blame the union.... Just because they have to work Saturday.
Well weekends off was considered one of the first major wins of the union movement and if we are honest it’s one of the few things that makes the job worth it. I would have 100% chosen something like railroad, lineman, ground man or heavy machinery op if I was gonna have to work weekends

Poop Head

Judge me.
Well weekends off was considered one of the first major wins of the union movement and if we are honest it’s one of the few things that makes the job worth it. I would have 100% chosen something like railroad, lineman, ground man or heavy machinery op if I was gonna have to work weekends
Weekends off and peeing in bottles is 100% why i work here.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Yes if you're a M-friend driver. My local is one of them. Though I could be wrong.
Honestly can’t believe we’re still having this conversation. Only 6th punches are over time. 7th are double time. Unless working on a holiday. Come on guys, this is new hire crap.