Can you be disciplined for ignoring security?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Bet the corporate office has better security and toilet paper than everywhere else.

I even heard that all their toilets are Gold Laden” and their Bidets are covered with Platinum so they never use any toilet paper.

Also it has been rumored that they have a 4 Star Michelin Executive Chef on duty 24/7 and serve caviar in their vending machines.

:martinismiley:

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Obviously, that’s the case because if they cared about security, they would have that kind of security everywhere.

Many a times I was informed after the fact about a disgruntled employee who’s last words at the hearing were: “I’ll be back” !

HarryWarden

Yes, I’ve seen people disciplined. Although their reactions were extreme. If you’re having a problem with someone in security, it’s best to let management know. Not handle it yourself.
Dang, do you happen to remember what the discipline was? What rule was broken in the contract? Thanks for the help btw

And for other responses, most of the security barely lifts an eye when you walk through lol.

I’m not worried about being late, been here a long time and have a great record, I’ll give myself more time if needed

More so just annoying just working here 15 years busting ass and being treated like a thief, which I get it they have to have some measures since some people actually are thiefs, but at least I feel I should be on the clock and can clock out after I leave the guard shack, but nope, you clock out in the building, then walk out and go through all this.

Also just sucks having this guys grimy fingers all over my personal belongings, food and water bottle. The guy literally opens my water bottle up, that kind of stuff just grosses me out

I was just curious what rule I would get in trouble for by just walking out. I didn’t steal anything and never will, I’m off the clock, so just seems weird to me how I can be disciplined for it

Brown Down

Dang, do you happen to remember what the discipline was? What rule was broken in the contract? Thanks for the help btw

And for other responses, most of the security barely lifts an eye when you walk through lol.

I’m not worried about being late, been here a long time and have a great record, I’ll give myself more time if needed

More so just annoying just working here 15 years busting ass and being treated like a thief, which I get it they have to have some measures since some people actually are thiefs, but at least I feel I should be on the clock and can clock out after I leave the guard shack, but nope, you clock out in the building, then walk out and go through all this.

Also just sucks having this guys grimy fingers all over my personal belongings, food and water bottle. The guy literally opens my water bottle up, that kind of stuff just grosses me out

I was just curious what rule I would get in trouble for by just walking out. I didn’t steal anything and never will, I’m off the clock, so just seems weird to me how I can be disciplined for it
You can probably make an argument to open your own food/drinks due to sickness.

Thebrownblob

An employee walked through the guard shack and through metal detectors, and got belligerent and threatening to the security guard.

HarryWarden

Im curious, they scan your badge to clock in?
You scan your badge once you’re in your work area. So you have to go through the shack security guard then walk in the building and go to your work area where you scan in. Then you scan your badge to clock out at the same spot, then walk out of the building and walk through the lot and go through the security shack before you can get to the parking lot

HarryWarden

An employee walked through the guard shack and through metal detectors, and got belligerent and threatening to the security guard.
I was wondering if they could technically apply insubordination as a contract violation, but just seems weird to me for that to apply if you’re not on the clock

Thebrownblob

I was wondering if they could technically apply insubordination as a contract violation, but just seems weird to me for that to apply if you’re not on the clock
Well, all on camera. We’ve had other guys get caught with guns in their backpacks going in and coming out. Also terminated.

HarryWarden

Well, all on camera. We’ve had other guys get caught with guns in their backpacks going in and coming out. Also terminated.
That’s crazy. Yea I figured since I don’t steal and not breaking any rules besides ignoring this security guard while I’m off the clock, I just don’t know what rule I could be written up for

Thanks for taking the time to help though I appreciate it

Thebrownblob

That’s crazy. Yea I figured since I don’t steal and not breaking any rules besides ignoring this security guard while I’m off the clock, I just don’t know what rule I could be written up for

Thanks for taking the time to help though I appreciate it
The company basically says if you harass or intimidate one of their security guards, you’re not allowed in the building. The same with if you ignore them or the security protocols you’re not allowed in the building.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Hit your stuff when he's done, then him if he's uppity
27e0a9b308dc158341f3e64aa511371e (1).gif

Nah
The guy literally opens my water bottle up, that kind of stuff just grosses me out
I'd definitely be complaining about that. Might even be something to call your BA over and ask whether it could be grievable (Article 18 maybe?).

Even if the security guy isn't a slob, he's had his hands on every other person's belongings too.

That's just gross. Why not take a :censored2:ing sip too. What difference does it make at this point?

UPSER1987

So if some whacko brings in gun and goes postal, you would go ape :censored2:. Can’t win…people always complain no matter what. That’s why UPS does what it wants. Can’t make people happy, may as well do what you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if some whacko brings in gun and goes postal, you tards would go ape :censored2:. Can’t win…people always complain no matter what. That’s why UPS does what it wants. Can’t make people happy, may as well do what you want.
Security is a joke

I can bring a bazooka in through the guard shack and nobody will notice because they are too busy watching YouTube

Nah
So if some whacko brings in gun and goes postal, you tards would go ape :censored2:. Can’t win…people always complain no matter what. That’s why UPS does what it wants. Can’t make people happy, may as well do what you want.
What's stopping them now? Unarmed guards and a metal detector?

Last edited: