Cancel culture—-ON TOPIC

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Not in Princess’s house! She thinks she is special and Lancelot has a crush on her.
Don’t expect fair when Ops and Tony are involved! :raspberry-tounge:
83B64FE7-F648-4FFD-BD27-761DCE0E300B.gif

fishtm2001

REP. JAMIE RASKIN (D-MD): Mr. Chairman, some of our colleagues have been railing about what they call "cancel culture." I've just made a quick list off the top of my head of some people that right-wing conservatives have tried to censure or cancel, privately or publicly, or defund or boycott. Here's some of them. Congresswoman Liz Cheney, who they tried to kick off of her chairmanship of the House Republican Conference. Sen. Bill Cassidy from Louisiana. Sen. Richard Burr -- any of the 17 Republican members of Congress who voted to impeach and convict Donald Trump for inciting violent insurrection against the union.

ABC, ACORN, TV host Samantha Bee, Campbell's Soup, The Dixie Chicks, New York Times reporter Sopan Deb, comedian Kathy Griffin, Guinness, Hallmark, CNN commentator Marc Lamont Hill, Nike, Pepsi, The New York Times, the words "climate change" and "science-based" in numerous government agencies and documents, Starbucks, Target, and on and on and on.

So, do you find that the cancel culture is limited to one side of the political spectrum, or do you think there's a lot of right-wing cancel culture out there which really got this whole -- all the engines of censorship revved up?

fishtm2001

This company is trying to beat the fools to the madness.

This company is trying to beat the fools to the madness.
When you have no policy ideas and no sane leaders of your party, all that's left is to try and stoke up the culture wars. That, my, friend, is all the GOP has.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

It will be fine

When you have no policy ideas and no sane leaders of your party, all that's left is to try and stoke up the culture wars. That, my, friend, is all the GOP has.
It’s so stupid. These people are crying about cancel culture with shows and books that are all readily available. They cry that a movie has to be accessed by an adult profile on a streaming service. It is so obvious they are being manipulated to be outraged but when we point it out they find something else to be outraged about. The country needs a sane opposition party but instead we have a perpetual victim machine.

The sky is falling! There’s a disclaimer before some Muppet Show that I was never going to watch anyway! I’m being repressed!

It’s nice to see that a young person gets it. He sees the problem with the cancel culture and where it’s leading.
I learned that people no longer want to rule the world after age 40. But when do girls no longer want to have fun.