Catch up raise or bonus for ALL part time supervisors

Time for change

I respectfully disagree about the PT sups - I was one for a few years while in college, and I've trained many up to this day.

They get the same COLA like raises that union employees get, even if they hit the top of the pay band, the band usually increases a couple percent each year. Just as a 20 year PT hourly gets paid quite a bit, so too can a 20 year PT sup.

They get premium pay over 27.5 and time/half after 40. Some get additional gainsharing bonuses based on the performance of the operation as a whole in certain key measures. They get tuition reimbursement, and there's no wait for healthcare, even if that's not Teamcare.

They aren't getting "catch-up" raises if they're already over the minimums, same as the current tentative agreement for Teamsters.

They can still request to go driving if they feel they've erred in choosing frontline management.
Getting a grand though, at least something.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
What makes you think these aren't connected? Raising inside worker minimums necessitates raising PT sup compensation. It's part of the same cost. You could not sustainably raise inside worker compensation above that of the people who manage them.
Funny

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Hahaha you realize top rate drivers make more than on cars and there are part timers making 35 an hour!!!! Learn about UPS pay rates please.
sups make more than the people they supervise, IF you only look at base salary and contractual hours

OT and holidays of course blow that out of the water

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Now get this... they are paying their non-union package handlers (PT Supervisors) nearly 8 dollars more per hour than most of their union counterparts for basically doing the same work. What a slap in the face with our collect bargaining power, and please do not tell me they are not loading, unloading, sorting etc, etc. In my Hub they are all over the place trying just to cover the work that nobody wants to do.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
Now get this... they are paying their non-union package handlers (PT Supervisors) nearly 8 dollars more per hour than most of their union counterparts for basically doing the same work. What a slap in the face with our collect bargaining power, and please do not tell me they are not loading, unloading, sorting etc, etc. In my Hub they are all over the place trying just to cover the work that nobody wants to do.

Only way we can beat this is filing grievances to all Sups it will be triple our pay + the process will take less time now to received the money according to the contract. Meaning Stewards are going to be very busy. Yes!!!, its our right, and we will comply.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Anybody else notice the influx of new part time sups since the pay bump? We have a whole slew of new hire beardos and hairballs coming in clean cut and shaved with their puple polyester sup shirts

JustQuit

Ever since this came about, I've been on a "DGAF" mindset. I have been with this company for 13 years and to have these "new-booty" sups having less than a year making the same amount as me makes me sick to my stomach. On top of that my fellow sups that have been there for just about as long as me all got the $1,000 on top of their raise when I did not. I got the short end of the stick because I was $1.00 off from the required $0.75 range to get the $1,000.
Mind you, I was the one always going above and beyond in order to be the best. It's pretty sad that instead of someone pulling me aside and asking whats going on; since I had gone from being one of the best sups to looking like that hourly worker that acts like he got dragged out of bed and forced to work.
It's definitely demoralizing to continue to work for a company that treats their veteran sups like how they treat me. That is not the only reason that made me like this but it was the straw that broke the camels back. Time and time again, they blow smoke up my you know what with false promises and bend me over time and time again.
Not saying it was right, but I can only imagine those workers that went postal did what did felt these same feelings of betrayal and disgust. I would never. I repeat, NEVER do what they did or condone their behavior but just stating how easy it is for someone be put in that situation to rationalize doing what they do.
Not to sound cocky but my whole career at UPS, I was the best at everything I did. You could ask anyone that knew me. Now, I'm a pretty crappy employee. I mean, they dont deserve my complete effort. I give them what they feel I'm worth, which is the equivalent of a "new-booty" sup that doesn't know jack. My answer to everything is "I don't know." Sorry for the long reply but I just felt like getting that off my chest.

SweatPit

i won't bite
13 years as a part time sup. LOL. Why didn't you become a full-time sup and make the big bucks?
I do agree with everything you said though. It is very demoralizing. Same goes to the part timers that have 3+ years that do not receive a show-up on time bonus. Essentially making less money then a new hire in some cases depending on years of service and where you are pay wise.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ever since this came about, I've been on a "DGAF" mindset. I have been with this company for 13 years and to have these "new-booty" sups having less than a year making the same amount as me makes me sick to my stomach. On top of that my fellow sups that have been there for just about as long as me all got the $1,000 on top of their raise when I did not. I got the short end of the stick because I was $1.00 off from the required $0.75 range to get the $1,000.
Mind you, I was the one always going above and beyond in order to be the best. It's pretty sad that instead of someone pulling me aside and asking whats going on; since I had gone from being one of the best sups to looking like that hourly worker that acts like he got dragged out of bed and forced to work.
It's definitely demoralizing to continue to work for a company that treats their veteran sups like how they treat me. That is not the only reason that made me like this but it was the straw that broke the camels back. Time and time again, they blow smoke up my you know what with false promises and bend me over time and time again.
Not saying it was right, but I can only imagine those workers that went postal did what did felt these same feelings of betrayal and disgust. I would never. I repeat, NEVER do what they did or condone their behavior but just stating how easy it is for someone be put in that situation to rationalize doing what they do.
Not to sound cocky but my whole career at UPS, I was the best at everything I did. You could ask anyone that knew me. Now, I'm a pretty crappy employee. I mean, they dont deserve my complete effort. I give them what they feel I'm worth, which is the equivalent of a "new-booty" sup that doesn't know jack. My answer to everything is "I don't know." Sorry for the long reply but I just felt like getting that off my chest.

2C72E941-0E4D-4DB2-9ED5-CFA9922E5A05.gif

13 year part time supe

Lmao

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
4648F762A17684ED9708ADC1A833A4C36B1CBCEF

A

Article 3

shutterstock_576383449-1200x700-1.jpg

When you signed up didn't you know what it was before you picked it up?

JustQuit

13 years as a part time sup. LOL. Why didn't you become a full-time sup and make the big bucks?
I do agree with everything you said though. It is very demoralizing. Same goes to the part timers that have 3+ years that do not receive a show-up on time bonus. Essentially making less money then a new hire in some cases depending on years of service and where you are pay wise.
Ive been with the company for 13 years. Been a sup since 420 of 2015