Center manager positive, 2 drivers and a loader positive

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Today I learned our center manager and some drivers and a loader tested positive. Apparently ups has been sitting on it for a few days now. Even now we only found out through the drivers and loaders talking. Management refuses to tell anyone and they flat out will tell you that, "its non of your business" or "it is above your position". Finally today they supplied medical gloves to loaders. That's it.. Apparently someone complained to OSHA now they have till the 8th to respond in writing or else there's going to be an investigation for not properly disinfecting trucks and equipment and not supplying proper PPE. The next couple weeks should be interesting.

Last edited:

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Yepp going to get interesting. Staying quiet about it. Is the best way to spread it.

Wait that works out in more ways then one. How you do in?

Just got done talking with BA about this. Filing OSHA complaint here with 3 months of trashed bathrooms, broken soap dispensers, working dispensers with no soap, PEE JUGS during a pandemic. Everyone has been collecting pictures for the past few weeks every time they :censored2: up and there's a massive photo gallery ready and waiting for OSHA.

Oh, and screenshots of the texts regarding their criminal :censored2:ing negligence.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Just got done talking with BA about this. Filing OSHA complaint here with 3 months of trashed bathrooms, broken soap dispensers, working dispensers with no soap, PEE JUGS during a pandemic. Everyone has been collecting pictures for the past few weeks every time they :censored2: up and there's a massive photo gallery ready and waiting for OSHA.

Oh, and screenshots of the texts regarding their criminal :censored2:ing negligence.
That's a good idea. DAMM! I didn't even think of doing it. I better start before they get rid of all the evidence!

zimbomb

My facility had to disclose a covid19 positive today. We now have a jug of hand sanitizer and an extra paper towel dispenser was installed in one of the bathrooms. I've heard of multiple people on my shift are out of work and suspected or positive. Thankfully I'm living alone at this time, so I don't have to worry about getting others infected. The management at this company is a gross incestuous group of yes people with zero ability to act proactively. Maybe the home Depot lady will be better, but I don't have much hope.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
It's like they think in the long run doing the bare minimum, at the cheapest price to protect its employees is going to be better than having to shell out god knows how much money when half the hub has COVID19 and there's no one to drive the cars and no one to load them. Not to mention any legal trouble that would no doubt ensue.

Buying proper PPE and supplies now < Getting cheap latex gloves and a small bottle of hand sanitizer per person and have no one to load and deliver your packages two weeks later.

The key word is NOW. They don't see the big picture and that's why UPS has been failing for a long time now. They can't see past this week.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Today I learned our center manager and some drivers and a loader tested positive. Apparently ups has been sitting on it for a few days now. Even now we only found out through the drivers and loaders talking. Management refuses to tell anyone and they flat out will tell you that, "its non of your business" or "it is above your position". Finally today they supplied medical gloves to loaders. That's it.. Apparently someone complained to OSHA now they have till the 8th to respond in writing or else there's going to be an investigation for not properly disinfecting trucks and equipment and not supplying proper PPE. The next couple weeks should be interesting.
I don’t know how big your center is but from my understanding you should basically all be quarantined

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
It's like they think in the long run doing the bare minimum, at the cheapest price to protect its employees is going to be better than having to shell out god knows how much money when half the hub has COVID19 and there's no one to drive the cars and no one to load them. Not to mention any legal trouble that would no doubt ensue.

Buying proper PPE and supplies now < Getting cheap latex gloves and a small bottle of hand sanitizer per person and have no one to load and deliver your packages two weeks later.

The key word is NOW. They don't see the big picture and that's why UPS has been failing for a long time now. They can't see past this week.
gloves dont help unless your changing them consistently, every transaction they have to be changed

davidix

Sometimes I want to take a picture of the dumpster fire in my center and send it in.. but of course I’ll be fired so let’s just let it ride.. who gives a :censored2:.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had a sleeper team driver get sick last Sunday night. They sent him for a test Monday. Results came back yesterday. Positive. Being a sleeper driver is better than a regular driver since he has had less contact with other employees, but still exposed quite a few people. They had to consult a company nurse to see how to handle it. The other driver in the team, plus the driver who covered the sick one gets a week off with pay, since they have been symptom free this whole week. Tractor gets quarantined till it can be disenfected. The sick driver's wife also tested positive. I'm curious to see how transparent management will be on this. Remember, this is a company who covers up the logo when a vehicle has been in an accident.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
I don’t know how big your center is but from my understanding you should basically all be quarantined
googleearth_5IrpwEkp7J.jpg
Fort Worth.This is the best I can do now, I can't remember how many packages an hour we do