Center manager positive, 2 drivers and a loader positive

UPSER1987

Plenty of businesses have changed operations to address the issue. UPS is choosing to do nothing. PPE would be nice, but would be hard to source at scale. Simple effective measures to limit employees exposure could be done. For example a driver's time in building could be limited and controlled. Inside work could be ran in a way to limit cross exposure (think social distancing in groups). Security could be relaxed/changed to limit a single vector point with access everyone. Workers/management that must go between different areas should required to wear PPE. Production might take a hit now, but what will it look like with a bunch of people out sick. Asking for an intelligent approach to handle the situation is just too much to ask for from UPS.

Those are actually well thought out ideas. Much more than then normal drivel posted here.
Have you brought those ideas to the attention of the leaders in your building? What response did you get?
Like everything in life, there have been better responses in some buildings than others. To paint the whole Covid-19 vs UPS in a vacuum and the whining that “UPS isn’t doing anything “ is tired.
Thank you for your post and I hope you communicate those ideas to others that can affect change.

542thruNthru

...except you said it was during the 80's and 90's....both of my kids were born in the 80's and at that time parents did not do that....this was primarily during the 50's, 60's and 70's...

I was born in the 80s and my parents took me and my brother to a "Pox Party". Bunch of us kids all playing together with a kid that had it. Parents just hung out and drank beer.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Those are actually well thought out ideas. Much more than then normal drivel posted here.
Have you brought those ideas to the attention of the leaders in your building? What response did you get?
Like everything in life, there have been better responses in some buildings than others. To paint the whole Covid-19 vs UPS in a vacuum and the whining that “UPS isn’t doing anything “ is tired.
Thank you for your post and I hope you communicate those ideas to others that can affect change.
It won’t matter. Straight out of my division managers mouth-“we need to stay productive”. It’s gonna backfire on them, coulda learned from the world, but didn’t.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I was born in the 80s and my parents took me and my brother to a "Pox Party". Bunch of us kids all playing together with a kid that had it. Parents just hung out and drank beer.
Wish my parents did that. I didn’t get it til 10th grade. Missed basketball playoffs too. Sucked.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
There’s laws against disclosing personal health info, ups would get sued if they let out any info.
I know about HIPPA, we didn't want to know who but they wouldn't even discuss or even admit someone had tested positive. I understand not saying who got it, but you won't even let your employees be aware that at least 3 people have it and who knows how many they have been in close contact with? That way their awareness and alert would be up higher. There's a lot of guys with families, little kids, parents with cancer, grandparents etc that if they had it unknowingly and gave it to them, would kill them.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Wow that looks like a small building to me. Very similar to Albany
It's very outdated, it was built in the late 70's and we are well operating beyond what that building was meant to operate. we have 7 lines. 2 belt to car and 5 slide to car. each are 41, 42,43 and so on... we have 7 areas per line, usually 3 cars per area sometimes 4. so total anywhere between 147-160 cars that go out every day. Not huge but not too small.

542thruNthru

I know about HIPPA, we didn't want to know who but they wouldn't even discuss or even admit someone had tested positive. I understand not saying who got it, but you won't even let your employees be aware that at least 3 people have it and who knows how many they have been in close contact with? That way their awareness and alert would be up higher. There's a lot of guys with families, little kids, parents with cancer, grandparents etc that if they had it unknowingly and gave it to them, would kill them.

You know absolutely nothing about HIPPA. Ask me how I know.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You know absolutely nothing about HIPPA. Ask me how I know.
giphy (14).gif