Central states 8 hour request

Over70irregs

Do we think there’s even a remote possibility that the OP has enough seniority to get an 8 hour request on a Friday on the last day of the month...yet has no idea how 8 hour requests work in his area?
General question put out there in case someone gets in that situation. As we all know different areas have certain twists. Company studies us so we share, unite and study them. Keep sharing yall.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
General question put out there in case someone gets in that situation. As we all know different areas have certain twists. Company studies us so we share, unite and study them. Keep sharing yall.
Yeah I was just speaking specifically to the OP.

In the central there’s no added 8 hour requests. You bring back any work left at 8. So you always get it.

barnyard

KTM rider
I'm not in the central but some on here I trust have said they've brought stops back.
I am in Central and we have had guys bring stops back. In the cases that I was aware of, they let the supe know in the morning that they had too much work and then asked for help via the diad. No help was sent, so they brought stops back. When I said I was bringing stops back, they set up a meet point to give them to another driver.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
You won't find it in the contract, but your Local should have a copy of this.

I appreciate the compliment and you know it's the truth. I can always back-up what I say.

Also, our friend @Bubblehead can verify anything.

There is no provision in the Central Region for penalty pay.

You can still file a grievance.... but the threat of bringing it back is a much better motivator.

:biggrin:

-Bug-
Article 37 of the master states if a driver goes over 30 minutes on a 8 hour request he or she is entitled to 2 hours penalty pay and another 8 hour.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Damn bringing the work back. We finish the work and file grievance and are paid $30 and get the 8 hour back.