Christmas Eve and ground deliveries.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Last year i was shuttled some late air and told to deliver it all. it could be Christmas. Last one was a 15 mile deadhead, when i got there after dark the excited family met me at the door. But then the schoolteacher mom said it was just some toner she needed for school and said she really didnt need for a week.
Management wants everything done so they can hack routes Dec. 26.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
With the way our Saturday ground operates, I would not be surprised if we had a 6.5 plan Christmas eve. Ours a Monday have been cake all peak.

brostalss

On Christmas Eve I would always check my entire truck for misloads.

One of my customers did a full Christmas meal (BBQ turkey and ham) with all the fixings for their clients. They always invited me to stop by.

Towards the end of my Package career I was known as the Driver with the killer Egg Nog recipe. I got many customers hammered at their Christmas parties because of it.

It only has five kinds of alcohol in it. And eggs.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
On Christmas Eve I would always check my entire truck for misloads.

One of my customers did a full Christmas meal (BBQ turkey and ham) with all the fixings for their clients. They always invited me to stop by.

Towards the end of my Package career I was known as the Driver with the killer Egg Nog recipe. I got many customers hammered at their Christmas parties because of it.

It only has five kinds of alcohol in it. And eggs.

How many strains of salmonella come with that?

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
One year on Christmas eve, we got the order to deliver "anything that looked like a Christmas package" No matter what. For the first time all year, I got a package that was not only not mine, but it was about 25 miles past our building's boundary. Unfortunately it was wrapped in brown paper, with hand a written address on it. My helper and I took off, headed north. Luckily I had a map book for the next county and I found the house. Waaaay down a dirt road. Pulled up about 10:30 pm. Honked my horn cause I didn't want to get shot. A little old lady about 70 years old came out to the truck. She thought her extended family had forgotten about her. It was a package from her neices and nephews. She was really emotional and started crying. Even though I didn't punch out till 11:30pm, I didn't mind. It made my day and peak.

I had a few of those types of experiences when I was still working. Believe me, when you are retired, you will remember these much longer and much stronger than the thousands of crappy experiences you will have. These are magical treasures that will warm your heart for the rest of your life!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Christmas Eve ,, One year the center manager gave all off us a present , told us to open them at the PCM ,, we did , it was a phone book ,,, this will help he said , don’t bring nothing back !!!!