COLA raise in October? (Express Only)

vantexan

What are the mins for a PT courier then? FT is 35 and I also thought PT was 17-ish. Enlighten us, Old Stinky.
Minimum guarantee for PTers is 17.5 but you can wave your guarantee. If he can keep medical that's not a bad gig because retiree healthcare is through the roof.

floridays

What are the mins for a PT courier then? FT is 35 and I also thought PT was 17-ish. Enlighten us, Old Stinky.
Retiree numbers are different, if they can get 10 a week and hold all benefits it has changed. I think it used to be 17 a month. I'll check it.
On another note an old friend I worked with long ago told me. They didn't know said person personally but knew station and of said person. You met your MD yet?

Oldfart

Not retiree, I think it is more like 17 hours a month, maybe they have changed it. I'm sure they didn't take that page down, I can check it.
Not retiring. Just decline the minimum. You can decline the minimum and just get paid what you work. Most of our handlers do that so they can get to their other jobs and several FO drivers do that as well.

floridays

It was 70 hours a month max for retirees but I think they've either increased it to 1000 hrs a year or have removed restrictions altogether.
cool, that's a full part-time job while still drawing pension, the esteemed sir is not going to be retired, just an over paid part-timer. At least he won't be an over paid full-timer any longer.
I think part of the program involves sending the participants to an earlier grave. You can bet the have an actuarial table on that.

Oldfart

It was 70 hours a month max for retirees but I think they've either increased it to 1000 hrs a year or have removed restrictions altogether.
No limit on hours now for casual. They kicker is they decided a while back you can't be a casual and be on retiree insurance. We had several CSA that had to stop working as casuals when they decided to enforce that rule.

vantexan

Can you sign an offer letter before actual retirement?
No idea but you bring up a good point. Either he's retired and only eligible for retiree healthcare, or he's not retired, but only working 10 hours a week and getting employee healthcare still. Don't think he can be a retiree with employee healthcare. But I may be wrong. Or he's BSing us.

On edit: He replied while I was typing.

floridays

Not retiring. Just decline the minimum. You can decline the minimum and just get paid what you work. Most of our handlers do that so they can get to their other jobs and several FO drivers do that as well.
Cool, you said previously you were retiring, you are going part-time essentially.

Oldfart

Minimum guarantee for PTers is 17.5 but you can wave your guarantee. If he can keep medical that's not a bad gig because retiree healthcare is through the roof.
Yep. Can get insurance for about $250 a month as an employee, make about 1k a month working a few hours a week or retire and pay 2k a month for insurance.

Oldfart

Can't hang anymore as a ft?
No need to. How big of a 401k , IRA's does a person need? When you can replace 80% or more of your working income by working 10 hours a week with 4 day weekends and draw down your IRA, no reason to keep working FT.

Oldfart

So after 40+ years and all that financial savy you still can't retire. Lmfao!:happy2:
Keep laughing. Work 10 or so hours and save $1750 a month in insurance premiums. That is pretty savy in my book.

You make a $1000 month and save $1750. That is like making $2750 a month for working about 40 hours. Looks like about $65 an hour.

floridays

Yep. Hopefully by October. Hate losing the short and long term insurance and maybe the life insurance. I haven't gotten all the specific benefit changes yet.
Walk away brother, you've told us of your cash. Get on the lake or in the woods. Enjoy life, you've worked a long time. Best to you whatever path it is.

MAKAVELI

Keep laughing. Work 10 or so hours and save $1750 a month in insurance premiums. That is pretty savy in my book.

You make a $1000 month and save $1750. That is like making $2750 a month for working about 40 hours. Looks like about $65 an hour.
Savy. Yeah right. Savy is being able to walk away at 40+ years and not worrying about saving a few bucks.