Colin Kaepernick refusal to stand during national anthem

Oh Shoot

Thanks NFL players deciding to kneel. You've officially gotten the attention you wanted. You've successfully taken focus off what happened today in 2001 and who was taken that day and made it about you now. Congrats. You used your right to free speech. You don't deserve prison or prosecution for it. You're just axxholes.

Oh Shoot

FB_IMG_1473610679153.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Moonbattery » Profiles in Countermoonbattery: Kiss

Currently, Kiss is on their “Freedom to Rock” tour, which launched on July 4th, and as they’ve done before, Kiss put their patriotism and love of our military in the forefront by giving Hiring Our Heroes $150,000 and selecting a current member of the National Guard or Reserve in all 32 cities of the tour to be a roadie for the day to work backstage with the crew and prepare for the evening’s concert. In addition, Kiss partnered with Veteran Tickets Foundation which offers discounted tickets to veterans. To top it all off, the band also gave $125,000 to the Wounded Warrior Project.

But it gets better. At a recent stop in Worcester, Massachusetts, this week, Kiss brought its roadie for the day onstage, along with other members of the military past and present, and led the entire arena in the Pledge of Allegiance, something the band has done before.

Singer Paul Stanley told the audience,

“You should remember, patriotism is always cool. Loving your country is always cool. Standing up, respecting and honoring our military is always cool. So, to show some respect between pick-throwing, we’re going to put our right hands over our hearts and why don’t we say the Pledge of Allegiance.”

trickpony1

I wonder if DIDO went to any 9/11 memorial events today or did he/she stay at home and watch his/her NFL hero's remain seated or kneel during the National Anthem?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I wonder if DIDO went to any 9/11 memorial events today or did he/she stay at home and watch his/her NFL hero's remain seated or kneel during the National Anthem?
No I sure didn't go to any memorial events. Some of us have moved on. You do what you need to do bro, I won't judge you for that.... but don't try and hate on me for not living in the past.