Comfy Seasonal Driver and PVD Appreciation Thread

nWo

Was the alternative to PVDs? Renting a bunch of Kia Souls from Enterprise? The union will have to come up with some sort of alternative if they want to get rid of them.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Was the alternative to PVDs? Renting a bunch of Kia Souls from Enterprise? The union will have to come up with some sort of alternative if they want to get rid of them.
I never want to se another pvd again, they will be abused by the company like they are doing now. Anyone who doesn't see how much they will effect union workers is blind as :censored2:!

Ups survived peaks before without using scab ass pvds, they can do it again. If they did their part and got package cars for us to use year round we could add more routes. I've had a rental for over a year, it would have been much cheaper to buy a package car than rent a vehicle for a year. The company has been making record profits cramming amazon volume down our throats for years and has plenty of money to add package cars to every center. Add drivers, add cars, and we will be able to handle peak volume with UNION workers! I never want to strike, but if it's over the use of pvds I will absolutely advocate a strike. They need to be abolished for good!

nWo

I never want to se another pvd again, they will be abused by the company like they are doing now. Anyone who doesn't see how much they will effect union workers is blind as :censored2:!

Ups survived peaks before without using scab ass pvds, they can do it again. If they did their part and got package cars for us to use year round we could add more routes. I've had a rental for over a year, it would have been much cheaper to buy a package car than rent a vehicle for a year. The company has been making record profits cramming amazon volume down our throats for years and has plenty of money to add package cars to every center. Add drivers, add cars, and we will be able to handle peak volume with UNION workers! I never want to strike, but if it's over the use of pvds I will absolutely advocate a strike. They need to be abolished for good!

Well the overwhelming majority of PVDs are union workers.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
That’s not true. If you had ever run a real route and not just scabbed someone’s easy resi section you would know that.
If a real route means no commercial or pickups you are right but not all drivers veer off their residential routes.
I've been getting several 125lb deliveries lately. Does that count? No helper either. Don't want one & don't need one😁

That’s not true. If you had ever run a real route and not just scabbed someone’s easy resi section you would know that.
I just want to know how the company is making money off of this?

We had guys that went out with 6 hours worth of work yesterday making overtime and they got paid to stand there for 2 hours so they could get their 8-hour guarantee
Meanwhile we had PVD drivers out there delivering stuff.
None of this makes any sense

BlackFriday

I just want to know how the company is making money off of this?

We had guys that went out with 6 hours worth of work yesterday making overtime and they got paid to stand there for 2 hours so they could get their 8-hour guarantee
Meanwhile we had PVD drivers out there delivering stuff.
None of this makes any sense
I know about this first hand and I've stated before that I feel it's very VERY wrong. Im here for a very short time without a horse in the race and there is no reason that I, and other PVD's should be delivering one single package that a regular driver is available to drive. The PVD's should not be working if regular drivers are not. That is unless drivers wish to not be working which is often the case imle.

I know about this first hand and I've stated before that I feel it's very VERY wrong. Im here for a very short time without a horse in the race and there is no reason that I, and other PVD's should be delivering one single package that a regular driver is available to drive. The PVD's should not be working if regular drivers are not. That is unless drivers wish to not be working which is often the case imle.
It's the company's attempt at Union busting.
They have the money and they're willing to spend it

BlackFriday

It's the company's attempt at Union busting.
They have the money and they're willing to spend it
I'm obviously pro union but I feel like I'm pro right/wrong & screwing regular drivers from a single PVD package is just plain wrong. There is no other way to put it. It's really bad business for UPS to be messing with it moral of the people that make the company run.
BTW I have to believe there would be no way UPS could bust the Teamsters. This bed has been made for too long. IMO it's in the best interest for the company to be creative and make the clock tick instead of falter. After all, it's a huge powerhouse but things aren't going as well as it should be.

I'm obviously pro union but I feel like I'm pro right/wrong & screwing regular drivers from a single PVD package is just plain wrong. There is no other way to put it. It's really bad business for UPS to be messing with it moral of the people that make the company run.
BTW I have to believe there would be no way UPS could bust the Teamsters. This bed has been made for too long. IMO it's in the best interest for the company to be creative and make the clock tick instead of falter. After all, it's a huge powerhouse but things aren't going as well as it should be.
You don't see The other things it's been going on behind the scenes for years.

GPS turn by turn so you don't even have to know a route.

BlackFriday

You don't see The other things it's been going on behind the scenes for years.

GPS turn by turn so you don't even have to know a route.
I don't know all that you folks know for sure but I do know more than what this short time employed has provided. I've been aware of the "simple" evolutions within the company just as a result of looking at investing etc.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
If a real route means no commercial or pickups you are right but not all drivers veer off their residential routes.
I've been getting several 125lb deliveries lately. Does that count? No helper either. Don't want one & don't need one😁
Clearly doesn't even lift...