Comfy Seasonal Driver and PVD Appreciation Thread

UPSER1987

I just want to know how the company is making money off of this?

We had guys that went out with 6 hours worth of work yesterday making overtime and they got paid to stand there for 2 hours so they could get their 8-hour guarantee
Meanwhile we had PVD drivers out there delivering stuff.
None of this makes any sense
You can’t see the forest for the trees.

There’s a bigger plan.

You gotta think….

Jerdo

I was PVD this pick season in Michigan. We finished on Dec24th. Best job i ever had. Comparing to Amazon Flex is much better because with Amazon I make way more miles, and Amazon dont pay mileage reimbursement. My average was around 110 packages and 80 stops. At very end when I had some experience how to organize I had daily around 5.5 hours. I think that I would be able to do around 110 stops with 165 packages per day if work 8 hrs. Im talking about nice residential suburban area.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I was PVD this pick season in Michigan. We finished on Dec24th. Best job i ever had. Comparing to Amazon Flex is much better because with Amazon I make way more miles, and Amazon dont pay mileage reimbursement. My average was around 110 packages and 80 stops. At very end when I had some experience how to organize I had daily around 5.5 hours. I think that I would be able to do around 110 stops with 165 packages per day if work 8 hrs. Im talking about nice residential suburban area.
I guess it's not easy to quantify, "best job I ever had". Too many considerations plus we only do this for several weeks. I worked 3 days this week and got only a few hours OT. I'LL likely do about the same next week and then it's over. I love this job and I'll be looking for a similar, full time, job after. If nothing comes up no big deal.

nWo

Apply to be preload. I bet in 6-24 months you could put in to be a ft driver. You'll have a pension and insurance.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Is no one going to mention why he isn’t logging at least 30 minutes of meal when he went over 8? Is package not required by law to do this? We have to burn an hour here if we go over 8. Law only requires 30.

35years

Gravy route
Is no one going to mention why he isn’t logging at least 30 minutes of meal when he went over 8? Is package not required by law to do this? We have to burn an hour here if we go over 8. Law only requires 30.
Not a national law. Perhaps a State law where you are.

I think package is exempt because we stay in a 100 mile radius and/or use a smaller vehicle. Can't remember the exact rule/law. No break required by national law for package drivers.

We don't have to take any of our unpaid lunch here. It still doesn't make up for the decades they stole pay from the drivers by subtracting 40 minutes of unpaid lunch when most drivers didn't take it. Those thieves (management) will answer to God for that.

Last edited:

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Not a national law. Perhaps a State law where you are.

I think package is exempt because we stay in a 100 mile radius and/or use a smaller vehicle. Can't remember the exact rule/law. No break required by national law for package drivers.

I think it’s because we spend so much of the day sorting and walking. We aren’t behind the wheel for extended time.

BrownSnowFlake

they stole pay from the drivers by subtracting 40 minutes of unpaid lunch
That's wild. Sorry that happened.

In our area 30 minutes seems to be the standard. That's what I was told in training. Idk what this hour lunch is you guys talk about, I can't imagine sitting around doing nothing for that long. The only time I've gone over 30 was on a slow day when I had late pick-ups. Most of my building barely takes a lunch at all. A few months ago management was practically begging us to "take at least a one minute lunch" so their reports look good.