Commercial Stops

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You guys can't even account for buk or a second handcart load accurately. Your entire job is a joke.
you can do that in DPS actually

tenor.gif

Thegameisrigged

They already do this in Philly. It's called commercial inside release. They actually have the last three people who accepted packages last names in the board already. Basically just turning commercial stops into DR's, which means more stops per car.
But isn't that like getting signature and they may or may not have been there to actually receive it?

brownIEman

The technology is not perfect and neither is the time study modeling techniques.
It is silly to try and expect a driver to be perfect and run exactly as estimated every day, there are just too many variables that happen in his day for him to anticipate them all. Management of course is stupid for not being able to anticipate every variable in every drivers' day in the center. So you should just stop trying to model a drivers day and expecting ANY level of performance. Just shake a drivers hand and say "do your best please". And then just accept whatever performance level he or she gives you. No way you would see SPORH drop like a rock. No way. :/

Yes, if the non-delivery commercial stop rolls out nation wide it will be to try and get a few more stops on the car. I would bet the expected time savings would be significantly less than the keyless ignition bulkhead installations were. That was estimated to save an average of about 6 min. in a drivers day.

Box Ox

Yes, if the non-delivery commercial stop rolls out nation wide it will be to try and get a few more stops on the car. I would bet the expected time savings would be significantly less than the keyless ignition bulkhead installations were. That was estimated to save an average of about 6 min. in a drivers day.

I'd think it'd be a much juicier "savings estimate" for the company if they're willing to go ahead and deal with the customer problems that foregoing commercial signatures is bound to create. The affect on stops per car will be whatever corporate wants it to be.

Star B

White Lightening
I can see their thinking.

150 biz stops, 15 seconds each signature. that's 2250 seconds which is 37.5 minutes.

ZOMG THATS ANOTHER 10 STOPS!1111111

brownIEman

I'd think it'd be a much juicier "savings estimate" for the company if they're willing to go ahead and deal with the customer problems that foregoing commercial signatures is bound to create. The affect on stops per car will be whatever corporate wants it to be.

I would be very surprised if the time savings was as much as the keyless was. The allowance difference for that change was I'm sure was less than the signature allowances but remember that effected every stop, not just commercial. Even if corporate believed it would only save 3 min per day/driver they would go for it. That would equate to probably tens of millions in savings.

As to problems with customers there are problems today with customers claiming they never signed for a package saying 'nope that's not my signature. I would imagine if it's not already very soon the GPS location stamp attached to the scanning and stop complete events will soon be considered stronger proof of delivery than a sig.

E

el blanco

I would be very surprised if the time savings was as much as the keyless was. The allowance difference for that change was I'm sure was less than the signature allowances but remember that effected every stop, not just commercial. Even if corporate believed it would only save 3 min per day/driver they would go for it. That would equate to probably tens of millions in savings.

As to problems with customers there are problems today with customers claiming they never signed for a package saying 'nope that's not my signature. I would imagine if it's not already very soon the GPS location stamp attached to the scanning and stop complete events will soon be considered stronger proof of delivery than a sig.

the times, they are a changing

brownIEman

Time to DR every apartment. Woohoo!!
:happy-very:
Wouldn't that be nice! 'Course, then TearsInRain would tell your package division that they need to add 20 stops per car to make use of the time savings!!

A pure DR apartment policy is probably not in the cards, as proving we actually delivered to the door is not really so much the concern as proving the package did not grow legs and walk away AFTER we delivered the package.

FYI, keyless entry doesn't work properly in 8 out of 10 cars.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
:happy-very:
Wouldn't that be nice! 'Course, then TearsInRain would tell your package division that they need to add 20 stops per car to make use of the time savings!!

A pure DR apartment policy is probably not in the cards, as proving we actually delivered to the door is not really so much the concern as proving the package did not grow legs and walk away AFTER we delivered the package.
I'm sure a pure DR at apartments is prevelant in rural America. Just guessing. As far as adding stops, go for it. People can only go so fast SAFELY.

Box Ox

What code do I use in the board for "call center ASAP"?

Lol

Right now:

"What happened yesterday?"

"The OMS wouldn't stop calling me for no good reason. Had to explain over and over again that the thing wasn't actually a thing."

Future:

"Every OMS calls every driver for Q&A sessions throughout the day to ensure a high level of service is maintained(wink wink)!

Lol

Right now:

"What happened yesterday?"

"The OMS wouldn't stop calling me for no good reason. Had to explain over and over again that the thing wasn't actually a thing."

Future:

"Every OMS calls every driver for Q&A sessions throughout the day to ensure a high level of service is maintained(wink wink)!
Sounds like that's a breakdown- on road.