Conditions at voting ....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As usual, you attempt to confuse the issue. THE ID that is required is the persons UNION ID card! Not a drivers license you goof. Senior moment? TOS.

It sounds less like a senior moment and more like a stretch in trying to make her point.

The fact that ANY I.D. is required is my point.....whoosh!!! The left is OK with unions demanding an I.D., but balk at ID to vote I elections.

Participation in a union election is for members only. We must show both our union card and a picture ID before we can vote.

This may surprise you but I agree with you that we should have to show a picture ID before voting. All we do now is give the poll worker our names, help them find it on their list and then sign the roster. My son and I share the same first and last names----he doesn't vote so I would have no problem voting twice.

My union card doesn't have a picture on it; maybe they do mean a license.

They mean both, if applicable. I don't have an actual union card so my license would have to suffice.

upschuck

I don't think I ever had a union ID card. Been in union for 20+ years. Never had a problem, local officers are dominated by UPSers, and they all know who I am.

wkmac

If you take the founding fathers cry of "no taxation without representation" serious, then maybe the so called left's claim has a point.

I don't think I ever had a union ID card. Bein mn in union for 20+ years. Never had a problem, local officers are dominated by UPSers, and they all know who I am.
If you call the union hall,they will send you out a union card. My card was worn out from decades in my wallet. I called them and they sent me a new one.

upschuck

If you call the union hall,they will send you out a union card. My card was worn out from decades in my wallet. I called them and they sent me a new one.

Thanks, but do I need one if they let me in and vote anyway? Save the union some money....Probably cost them a bit to print one. I don't like to waste money, and try to save others when possible.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think I got about 2 of those from about 20 years ago. I'm sure I have no idea where they are though, probably in the landfill.

We used to get them every month----they would have our Social Security numbers on them. Guys bitched about that (rightfully so) so the company issued us employee ID numbers.

I can't recall the last time I received a paid dues receipt from the union (but I still write off the dues on my taxes based on my pay stubs).

oldngray

nowhere special
We used to get them every month----they would have our Social Security numbers on them. Guys bitched about that (rightfully so) so the company issued us employee ID numbers.

I can't recall the last time I received a paid dues receipt from the union (but I still write off the dues on my taxes based on my pay stubs).
UPS originally used employee ID numbers (I still remember my original 5 digit number) then went to SSN's, then switched again to new employee numbers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
191a4y.png