Congratulations UPS

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
If the rumblings are accurate then this contract is a done deal. What’s that mean?!?! While there are certain gains in some areas for the union, the real winner is UPS. Think about the 25% ratio for 22.4’s alone. My building has roughly 400 FT drivers, that means the next 125 drivers hired can contractually be 22.4’s. That would take the number to 500 thus meeting the 25% mark. Some of us could quite possibly never see another regular driver hired again in our future. Zero overtime protection, which has and will result in a “zero” OT mandate for us as well as no language in regards to work week days.

So yeah....the union has successfully been played by the superior foe, UPS. Now as mentioned in previous posts the slow, consistent, and guaranteed degradation of the union has begun.

Sad day in deed.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
your current staffing number is not what will be used

most likely will be something like mid-2017 or early-2018 FSP count
For what it’s worth I see few if any hired in my area....it’s more of what’s to be expected in places where $30 an hour will still get you plenty of qualified applicants.

JustDeliverIt

That's funny. I'm out east and management is acting like it is going to go down. They were telling people to look at their impact statements and vote.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Don't start writing on the walls until we get the final results
Albeit the rumors that yes votes are churning out of an overall low turnout are a bit scary to think about.

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
If the rumblings are accurate then this contract is a done deal. What’s that mean?!?! While there are certain gains in some areas for the union, the real winner is UPS. Think about the 25% ratio for 22.4’s alone. My building has roughly 400 FT drivers, that means the next 125 drivers hired can contractually be 22.4’s. That would take the number to 500 thus meeting the 25% mark. Some of us could quite possibly never see another regular driver hired again in our future. Zero overtime protection, which has and will result in a “zero” OT mandate for us as well as no language in regards to work week days.

So yeah....the union has successfully been played by the superior foe, UPS. Now as mentioned in previous posts the slow, consistent, and guaranteed degradation of the union has begun.

Sad day in deed.

Are you Nostradamus descendant?

tumblr_mysz6puhe71qc3jqbo1_500.png

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
We were told today that only 27% voted so far, blame the members!
That’s an embarrassment....the reason the mechanics are gonna get a better contract is because of them all being career employees. Perhaps what we truly need to discuss is having a “full time” only contract as well as one for the part timers too. Too many employees have no skin in the game and truly don’t care enough to care or be engaged in the process.