congress

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mr. & Mrs. Misuse the Funds!!

Just to give you an idea how shady this guy is, he bought himself a $43,000 Rolex watch with campaign funds.

Via Politico:
Former Rep. Jesse L. Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) will plead guilty to conspiring with his wife to illegally spend $750,000 in campaign funds on personal expenses, including a $43,000 Rolex watch, fur coats and memorabilia associated with Michael Jackson, Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X and Bruce Lee, according to information obtained by POLITICO.

The charges against him may include conspiracy, making false statements, and mail and wire fraud.
Prosecutors will recommend a prison sentence of between 46 and 57 months for Jackson Jr., as well as a fine of $10,000 to $100,000, and forfeiture of a yet-to-be-determined portion of the misspent $750,000 in campaign funds.

Jackson’s wife, former Chicago Alderman Sandi Jackson, is expected to plead guilty to a tax offense, according to a source close to the investigation. At different times, she has served as her husband’s campaign manager and campaign treasurer.

Both Jacksons resigned from office amid the Justice Department’s investigation into their finances.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

Just to give you an idea how shady this guy is, he bought himself a $43,000 Rolex watch with campaign funds.

Via Politico:
Former Rep. Jesse L. Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) will plead guilty to conspiring with his wife to illegally spend $750,000 in campaign funds on personal expenses, including a $43,000 Rolex watch, fur coats and memorabilia associated with Michael Jackson, Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X and Bruce Lee, according to information obtained by POLITICO.

The charges against him may include conspiracy, making false statements, and mail and wire fraud.
Prosecutors will recommend a prison sentence of between 46 and 57 months for Jackson Jr., as well as a fine of $10,000 to $100,000, and forfeiture of a yet-to-be-determined portion of the misspent $750,000 in campaign funds.

Jackson’s wife, former Chicago Alderman Sandi Jackson, is expected to plead guilty to a tax offense, according to a source close to the investigation. At different times, she has served as her husband’s campaign manager and campaign treasurer.

Both Jacksons resigned from office amid the Justice Department’s investigation into their finances.

Never understood the appeal of a Rolex. A big clunky watch that somebody could kill you for.

trickpony1

Via Politico:

Has this got something to do with the "sense of entitlement" I hear so much about?

island1fox

That sounds like an articulate, concise and intelligent statement. Now tell me what was discovered in these Bengazi hearings that is different than the day the event happened?

Who is in trouble?

Oh wait, NOBODY.

Peace

TOS

TOS,

Gotta luv ya.

We have learned from Panetta that Obama was ABSENT NO CALL after five oclock.

We have learned as an American rescue team was delayed at the libyian Airport by Libyian officials --Obama did not call to get the calvary there on time to save lives.

We have learned that Hillary did not see the very urgent cables sent to her --but Pinetta saw them as well as the Military command ????

Is there a bridge you are trying to sell me .

Another case of Politicians getting away with dereliction of duty and murder --because politics trumps everything---What a Country we would have if the people did not drink Kool aid and wear rose colored glasses. If TOS, ABC, CBS NBC PBS DEMANDED THE TRUTH --WE WOULD HAVE IT.

Rubio sipping water is a much bigger story ---yeh right !!:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
We had hours to react........we watched and waited for 4 Americans to die.

Hilary has the balls to say....what difference does it make? When it's your turn beatch, we'll wait 7 hours to get you help TOO!!!......

trickpony1

Via Politico:

I guess the next question is.........

does the apple fall far from the tree?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Some Democrat today said he is not going to seek another term.

The guy is 89 !!!!

Hello, if you're 89 years old, maybe you shouldn't have sought re-election 2 times before now !!

pretender

TOS,

Gotta luv ya.

We have learned from Panetta that Obama was ABSENT NO CALL after five oclock.

We have learned as an American rescue team was delayed at the libyian Airport by Libyian officials --Obama did not call to get the calvary there on time to save lives.

We have learned that Hillary did not see the very urgent cables sent to her --but Pinetta saw them as well as the Military command ????

Is there a bridge you are trying to sell me .

Another case of Politicians getting away with dereliction of duty and murder --because politics trumps everything---What a Country we would have if the people did not drink Kool aid and wear rose colored glasses. If TOS, ABC, CBS NBC PBS DEMANDED THE TRUTH --WE WOULD HAVE IT.

Rubio sipping water is a much bigger story ---yeh right !!:happy-very:

Even if I were to believe the facts stated above (which I don't), the utter incompetence and lack of caring is just as bad, if not worse, than whatever did actually happen. He received the famous 3:00am phone call, and blew it--little did we know that Hillary would be part of the fiasco.

In the book Panic 2012 (Michael Hastings), the Obama people initially saw visions of Jimmy Carter, and the election going up in smoke. However, the media made sure this story would go nowhere. Anyone with intellectual honesty would have to admit that if George Bush had been President, he would have been toast...

island1fox

Even if I were to believe the facts stated above (which I don't), the utter incompetence and lack of caring is just as bad, if not worse, than whatever did actually happen. He received the famous 3:00am phone call, and blew it--little did we know that Hillary would be part of the fiasco.

In the book Panic 2012 (Michael Hastings), the Obama people initially saw visions of Jimmy Carter, and the election going up in smoke. However, the media made sure this story would go nowhere. Anyone with intellectual honesty would have to admit that if George Bush had been President, he would have been toast...

pretender,

You do realize that the facts that you choose not to believe --was actual testimony in front of Congress --not my facts --Panetta's testimony ---not my facts.

If Panetta lied about no followup from Obama --I would not know why ??

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
pretender,

You do realize that the facts that you choose not to believe --was actual testimony in front of Congress --not my facts --Panetta's testimony ---not my facts.

Those are NOT facts from the hearings. Those are the "extrapolations" of testimony from the hearings and taken completely out of context minus the "qualifiers" that explain the total answer.

YOU : panetta said there was no contact from Obama after the intial call.

Truth: Panetta, the event was OVER in less than 2 hours and we advised the president that we were "staging" resources and confirming permissions to ultilize those resources. Asked again by lindsay graham, and the answer was the same... "the event was OVER".

You did not listen to the testimony, and your sources are only the right wing "programmers" that you claim as news sources.

You take things that you hear literally, without confirming the information, then run onto this board to post the "thoughts" as if they were your own.

Here is part of what PANETTA SAID...
ater in the hearing, Graham asked Panetta if he thought it was “typical” for a commander in chief to make no follow-up phone calls.
SEN. GRAHAM: Are you surprised that the president of the United States never called you, Secretary Panetta, and say, ‘how’s it going?’
SEC. PANETTA: I — you know, normally in these situations –
SEN. GRAHAM: Did he know the level of threat that –
SEC. PANETTA: Let — well, let me finish the answer. We were deploying the forces. He knew we were deploying the forces. He was being kept updated –
SEN. GRAHAM: Well, I hate to interrupt you, but I got limited time. We didn’t deploy any forces. Did you call him back — wait a minute –
SEC. PANETTA: No, but the event — the event was over by the time we got –
SEN. GRAHAM: Mr. Secretary, you didn’t know how long the attack would last. Did you ever call him and say, Mr. President, it looks like we don’t have anything to get there anytime soon?
SEC. PANETTA: The event was over before we could move any assets.
SEN. GRAHAM: It lasted almost eight hours. And my question to you is during that eight-hour period, did the president show any curiosity about how’s this going, what kind of assets do you have helping these people? Did he ever make that phone call?
SEC. PANETTA: LOOK, there is no question in my mind that the president of the United States was concerned about American lives and, frankly, all of us were concerned about American lives.
SEN. GRAHAM: With all due respect, I don’t believe that’s a credible statement if he never called and asked you, are we helping these people; what’s happening to them? We have a second round, and we’ll take it up then.
SEC. PANETTA: As a former chief of staff to the president of the United States, the purpose of staff is to be able to get that kind of information, and those staff were working with us.
SEN. GRAHAM: So you think it’s a typical response of the president of the United States to make one phone call, do what you can and never call you back again and ask you, how’s it going, by the way, showing your frustration we don’t have any assets in there to help these people for over seven hours?
SEC. PANETTA: The president is well-informed about what is going on. Make no mistake about it.
SEN. GRAHAM: Well, that is interesting to hear

Just because Lindsay Graham tried to interupt Panetta and force an answer to make it sound bad, that doesnt give the meaning you imply with your post.

peace

TOS

pretender

pretender,

I think you may have misunderstood my post--I am in agreement with you. Regarding the testimony, as a great American once said, "it would take a willing suspension of disbelief".

pretender

Sorry !!!

Island

Not a problem! I should have been more clear in my post that I did not believe the testimony. As far as Hillary is concerned, I was sure hoping that someone would have had the guts to use her own words against her ("willing suspension of disbelief"). Instead, they were all fawning over her...

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not a problem! I should have been more clear in my post that I did not believe the testimony. As far as Hillary is concerned, I was sure hoping that someone would have had the guts to use her own words against her ("willing suspension of disbelief"). Instead, they were all fawning over her...
I think it was her "going away" party too.

island1fox

Let's hope it is far, far away...

I know I am being repetitive. In less than 20 m0nths --Hillary will lose 30 pounds, have a face lift and new hair do --will write a book and will be making speeches and adding to her war chest.

Bill, Hillary and Obama --all enjoy the adulation and are excellent campainers. Hillary will be a shoe in for 2016 unless a major financial collapse takes place before that time.

The only duo I see even making it close would be a Carson/Rubio ticket.

In 20 months the Media will have all the low informed voters believing that Bengazi is Chelsia's dog.:happy-very: