Considering making the swap from driver to management

542thruNthru

How do you think a company pulls in over $77B each year? Like it or not, you are a foot soldier, not a strategian. Stick to the trucks.
a735a-christragergoodjob.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
My current center manager was a driver, my previous center manager only has his GED and in my building we have 3+ sups with no college

I hate to burst you bubble but your statement of "my previous center manager only has his GED and in my building we have 3+ sups with no college" should tell you something ain't right in Denmark. They are currently scrapping the bottom of the barrel to get any entry level management people.

Another telling story is that for the most part the higher seniority or active union members on this site are ignoring you and not pleading for you not to jump (just asking that question makes you a scab in their eyes)...You get the hint? They want you to jump.... The truth hurts but you are considering playing Russian roulette with your career plans at UPS...What happens when your socipathic bosses orders you to do something illegal or asks you to fire or harass a good driver just to teach a lesson, whether it sticks or not...What will you do?

Report him to his Boss who was the one who actually made the order ....It is one big pecking order with our current management work environment if anything goes wrong they will throw you under the bus in a second...You will not find any moral integrity it is all situational ethics and it will be getting worse as they start gutting their own...

"Go on Bud, just sign the papers" (and remember what I just told you)

Best of Luck on whatever you decide....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Have my CDL so feeders is an option. and I hit top rate in a month.
Highly debating swapping to management for more opportunities.
Say it all goes well what would our think is a fair starting salary?
Any tips you have? Anything I should know going in? I’m looking for outsider advice. My best friend is a supervisor so I do know a lot more then most going into it.
No pension so you will need to accumulate minimum around 2 million in your 401k to equal the pension payout.

DRporch

You’re right the company will totally keep that pension around for the next 25 years. I should bank on the underfunded pension as a selling point.