Consolidation Rumors - On Topic

oldbrownguy

Oldbrownguy -You posted last June it's coming, you posted last December you were waiting for something in the mail and now by end of March? Unless someone confirms something it's not going to happen. Same post every year.

Maybe I am right, maybe I am wrong... I can only go on what I am told. Lets circle back in July......

tino1

If you go to UPSERS.COM there is a video called Transformation update Scott Price explains why we need to change to meet today’s challenges. I don’t knows what’s going o happen something is happening. I was even told of more District consolidations

oldbrownguy

If you go to UPSERS.COM there is a video called Transformation update Scott Price explains why we need to change to meet today’s challenges. I don’t knows what’s going o happen something is happening. I was even told of more District consolidations

He was hired for a reason for sure.... Also, the newest member added to the management committee is the former CEO of Mckenzie (sp) consulting. UPS recently hired them for consulting services. They are know to be ruthless when they implement "right sizing" for the company that hired them. So, what does it all mean? Who knows.... Stay tuned though...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Jim Barber named as COO ... that position has been open for a while.
We were acquaintances back in the early 80's in the Georgia District.
He was an excellent golfer back then.

Jim Barber - COO.jpg

Policy_Driven

Hearing lots of rumors about district consolidation from 17 districts to 10 and collapsing of Regions. No replacement for East Region Manager, Lou Rivecchio, named as of yet. Still buyout speculation. Any one hearing this?

dolphin11

Hearing lots of rumors about district consolidation from 17 districts to 10 and collapsing of Regions. No replacement for East Region Manager, Lou Rivecchio, named as of yet. Still buyout speculation. Any one hearing this?
There definitely seems to be a lot of rumors and rumblings. Hearing things from different parts of the country and different departments and levels.

j13501

How can there be talk of more consolidations? We've had one successful peak in five years and they want to eliminate more management!? Where will they find district managers with the talent to run these "region sized" new districts. Half the current district managers were never the most successful division and/or operations managers when they were elevated into their current jobs. I'm afraid that we will lose control of performance and cost if this consolidation occurs.

Heard this week the buyout is only a rumor from several people in Atlanta. I know a few people who were waiting that are now retiring. Maybe in 2019 or 2020 after all the changes are made.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
How can there be talk of more consolidations? We've had one successful peak in five years and they want to eliminate more management!? Where will they find district managers with the talent to run these "region sized" new districts. Half the current district managers were never the most successful division and/or operations managers when they were elevated into their current jobs. I'm afraid that we will lose control of performance and cost if this consolidation occurs.

So, you think more management = successful peak ?

This should be good...

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They are already moving people in their late 20’s and early 30’s into these upper level positions.... once we get deadwood like @Dragon out of here then the 22 year olds can move into these lower center manager positions....everything will be run on Twitter and Snapchat....everything will be fine. And If some of you older management folks are run out of town you can most definitely be hired on at amazon making much more money... its happening as we speak..