Contract Boogieman

Slug Life

When do we eat?
Actually I negotiated it. I think its a good deal, but these members need to feel the wrath of a strike. I think they need to change the business model forever. I am interested in seeing this current generation walking a picket line. You understand that a picket line cant be walked on Facebook?
upload_2018-7-28_23-33-32.jpeg

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
So it is all about the drivers right...Is everybody going to get 129,000 in their pension funds over the next five years. Watch how you respond before you know the FACTS. There are other people who have been and will be screwed if this contract goes through as it is. What about them?

It is not only about the 22.4's either...(DO NOT) make this a one issue contract like the Healthcare one back in 2013..This could play into the Internationals hands if any of the Supplements or Riders keep getting voted down..again like last time.

The GWI is poor considering the profits. It would bankrupt the Corporation is they if offered a dollar per raise in each of the five years.

Overtime will be cut, so if this goes through adjust your lifestyle accordingly. These 22.4s will be a money saver for the Company just by their ability to pay these new positions actual instead of guarantee (work 6 hours driving, with the option of holding them over for one and one half hours for shift work). Many will jump at the chance to go home instead of working an 9 and 1/2 day for a eight hour pay day. Most of our 22.3s are leaving before eight hours in our building currently willing to just work actual..This will happen to most of these 22.4s in time..

Not everybody is getting increases in their individual Pension Plans and the Part Time Pension is a scam.

Part timers are only getting a 30 cents per hour increase into their Health and Welfare Plan compared to the Full Timer's 50 cent one. That extra 70 is going into their Pension or so they say.

Last I hear Part timers are still considered Rank and File. Beside the 5,000 new position split over the next 5 years, Let's hear it what is in this contract that is a plus?

BrownSkid

LeBrown Shames
Go to the meeting, get the info and vote. Some ares it is a good contract and not worth striking over.

Some? Ok. But why settle for some and not the all of it being good? Have we not earned it?

Strike? We are not there yet. But trust, if it does come to it, I won't hold back. UPS doesn't hold back when they implement Orion or 70hrs during last peak.

I will go to the meeting, plan on getting info and definitely vote accordingly. I will also inform those that are indifferent because enough is enough.

Superteeth2478

No Full Time driver can be laid off if a 22.4 is working. what are you talking about? Wait a minute that would be their sixth day punch..... No way that is happening. Dude your talking nonsense!
Too bad it's Mondays that RPCDs are likely to be laid off due to loads being advanced on the weekends on the 22.4's regular work days...that language about "No RPCDs can be laid off or displaced from their classification if 22.4s are working in the building" is useless on Mondays specifically because Monday isn't part of a 22.4's work schedule anyways, they're Tuesday-Saturday and Wednesday-Sunday, so they will probably never work on a Monday either way...

LagunaBrown

Too bad it's Mondays that RPCDs are likely to be laid off due to loads being advanced on the weekends on the 22.4's regular work days...that language about "No RPCDs can be laid off or displaced from their classification if 22.4s are working in the building" is useless on Mondays specifically because Monday isn't part of a 22.4's work schedule anyways, they're Tuesday-Saturday and Wednesday-Sunday, so they will probably never work on a Monday either way...
Did you make that up or did your business Agent tell you that?

Superteeth2478

Did you make that up or did your business Agent tell you that?
Anyone with basic reading comprehension skills can understand the language, and the intent of the language as well. I mean, don't they already cut routes like mad on Mondays? Is there any language preventing them from advancing loads on the weekends to have them delivered by 22.4s? If there's a weak point in the contract, the company will ALWAYS take advantage of it. What did I make up? Please, do tell.

I mean seriously, are you :censored2:ting me bub? If you're going to refute what I say, refute it. If you can't, then shut up.

LagunaBrown

Anyone with basic reading comprehension skills can understand the language, and the intent of the language as well. I mean, don't they already cut routes like mad on Mondays? Is there any language preventing them from advancing loads on the weekends to have them delivered by 22.4s? If there's a weak point in the contract, the company will ALWAYS take advantage of it. What did I make up? Please, do tell.

I mean seriously, are you :censored2:ting me bub? If you're going to refute what I say, refute it. If you can't, then shut up.
Wow your so defensive. You did not ask your Business Agent did you?

Superteeth2478

Wow your so defensive. You did not ask your Business Agent did you?
Defensive? Did you make up the meaning of that word, or did you consult your dictionary?

I provide even more backing evidence to my point, and you still refuse to refute what I say and instead ask irrelevant questions. What my business agent says is irrelevant in reference to the MASTER language. If a business agent can't see how that language can be exploited, they shouldn't be a business agent. Now, if the supplement has language that fixes the master language, that's a different story. But we can't know that, because of the brownout on supplemental language, now can we?

Again, either refute my points or shut up. You're wasting your time otherwise.

Last edited:

Dollar Chasing

I’m getting really sick of hearing people assume centers will hold volume that would have been delivered Friday until Saturday. This would be fraudulent number 1, and number 2, customers get an estimated delivery date for their package, which would say it should be delivered on Friday the 18th for example. When all of a sudden hundreds or thousands of packages PER CENTER say they’ll be delivered a day later, don’t you think customers will raise questions and complaints about it, causing UPS hundreds or thousands of issues PER CENTER? That’s not even mentioning that with our tracking system, customers can see exactly where their package is, so they would see that it arrived in a location and didn’t move, causing them to raise questions and complaints about why it didn’t. Just a couple of these incidents would cause bad customer relations, lost business, possible negative media attention, and possible fraud cases. No effing way UPS holds loads for Saturday. It makes no logical sense for ANYONE, so people should stop saying that it’s even a possibility, because it’s not.

Quoting my comment from another thread. Saying held loads will happen is asinine.