Contract Change proposals. "On Topic Only Please"

Future

Victory Ride
Exactly, we get paid double time after 60, but do you think Co. will use RPCD's or throw in the 22.4's at much less $$.
It's not fair for those guys starting out and being whipped like this... I read some posts elsewhere some PT's will vote yes, like really?¿ smh
They don't know....
Need 2 educate and inform as many as possible

Dollar Chasing

There is no reason, I repeat, NO REASON, why the company can not fully staff with RPCDs.

Please do not confuse "can not" with "does not want to."

This is the same as when my son was young and would tell me he "can not" eat his peas and carrots!

The company has been hiring Tues-Sat drivers for over a year now. They are RPCDs and the do not work overtime all weekend.

Yeah, I know. That’s why the contract states that they will move all of these drivers back to M-friend schedules within 2 years while replacing the weekend routes with 22.4 drivers. What’s so hard to understand about this? RPCD driver s have unanimously stated that they don’t want to work weekends. YOU CANT SAY THE COMPANY SHOULD HIRE MORE RCPDS WHILE SAYING YOU DONT WANT TO WORK WEEKENDS AS A RPCD. YOU CAN NOT HIRE MORE PEOPLE TO WORK WEEKEND SHIFTS WHEN A DEPENDENT STIPULATION IS THAT THEY DONT WORK WEEKEND SHIFTS.

Yeah, I know. That’s why the contract states that they will move all of these drivers back to M-friend schedules within 2 years while replacing the weekend routes with 22.4 drivers. What’s so hard to understand about this? RPCD driver s have unanimously stated that they don’t want to work weekends. YOU CANT SAY THE COMPANY SHOULD HIRE MORE RCPDS WHILE SAYING YOU DONT WANT TO WORK WEEKENDS AS A RPCD. YOU CAN NOT HIRE MORE PEOPLE TO WORK WEEKEND SHIFTS WHEN A DEPENDENT STIPULATION IS THAT THEY DONT WORK WEEKEND SHIFTS.
If they fixed Saturdays more guys might be willing to work. It's nice having Mondays off and be able to get things done like getting your car fixed, Dentist appointment or a haircut.

M

MenInBrown

Per Article 22, Section 4.4, no RPCD shall be laid off while 22.4s are working. That’s not the same as RPCDs getting overtime first. And the Company will still be able to invoke the “if there is no work” wording after they run 22.4s half to death every weekend. “Sorry, RPCD. No work for you today.” No guarantees.

Of course you don’t. Playing stupid and pretending you “don’t get” what the other person is saying is an easy way to avoid having to defend your own indefensible viewpoint.

Or Tony Q can keep asking have you ever negotiated a contract? Lmfao

Dollar Chasing

Instead of 22.4, take all and future 22.3 jobs and let them be hybrid drivers. Pay them top rate. Air, ground, and preload.
This is asinine. No way people should get paid the same for running air or working in the building as they do out on the road. I worked 10 years in the building waiting on my full-time job, and now 4 on the road. The driver job is a whole different animal, and no way a 22.4 or 22.3 should get paid the same as me. Besides, like I said in another post, once some of these RPCDs get a wind of how much less work these 22.4s are doing than they are, they’ll be clamoring for the job, just like they do for the 22.3 jobs. The main arguement I see on here and Facebook is that the 22.4s will be doing the same job for less money, but that’s not true because they won’t be doing the same job. This same arguement was made about the 22.3 jobs 10 years ago.

Eye To Eye Contact.

Question. I am scheduled to hit top pay January 6 2019. With this new agreement about to be In place. Will my top pay go to the “new” top pay rate ? Or am I stuck in my old contract?. Sorry if that doesn’t make sense. Thank y’all

Heavy Package

I have no problem with part-time class of worker being paid less than full-time class doing same tasks.

WTF? Language in the TA states 22.4 shall work 5 consecutive days and have a guaranteed 8-hrs. Also have FT Teamcare benefits. Sure sounds like a FT job to me - and they will be on the clock more than 40-hrs/week. Another way this contract discriminates is that they will not get FT pension benefits.

Again, all of this back and forth is ridiculous. Hybrid drivers are an absolute NON-STARTER. It further divides FT Union UPS employees.

If you drive the brown truck, put on the brown uniform, you need to get paid the same wage after progression.

Eye To Eye Contact.

I figured I would. I just didn’t know. I’ve beem here for five years and haven’t felt with this yet. Since it was fresh on my mind I figured I would ask. Thank you sir