Contract Change proposals. "On Topic Only Please"

The sad part about this is that we can't tell if its corporate people on here selling this contract or if its the IBT leadership.
It's both. If they want to sell this contract give the article 22.4 jobs article 37 protection and give the part timers a little bump up bonus so they aren't making the same as a newbie.

And give me my damn turkey.

Box Ox

They are going to be in for a rude awakening if they think these new drivers are going to work 12 hours a day for less pay.

If 22.4s are pushed through, I’ll truly feel sorry for part timers who go FT thinking they’ve landed on a gold mine, realize they haven’t soon after they qualify, and then have no way out of it other than to quit.

If 22.4s are pushed through, I’ll truly feel sorry for part timers who go FT thinking they’ve landed on a gold mine, realize they haven’t soon after they qualify, and then have no way out of it other than to quit.
Weve had several drivers making too rate quit of the last couple of years . Doesn't matter how much you make , you can only work so many hours.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
It’s also not cost-effective to have RPCDs working overtime all weekend. 7-day delivery is coming, and it has to. The company is not going to just “hire more RPCDs” like everyone keeps saying they should, and those same people say that they don’t want to work weekends!

There is no reason, I repeat, NO REASON, why the company can not fully staff with RPCDs.

Please do not confuse "can not" with "does not want to."

This is the same as when my son was young and would tell me he "can not" eat his peas and carrots!

The company has been hiring Tues-Sat drivers for over a year now. They are RPCDs and the do not work overtime all weekend.

There is no reason, I repeat, NO REASON, why the company can not fully staff with RPCDs.

Please do not confuse "can not" with "does not want to."

This is the same as when my son was young and would tell me he "can not" eat his peas and carrots!

The company has been hiring Tues-Sat drivers for over a year now. They are RPCDs and the do not work overtime all weekend.
Some drivers like the Tuesday thru Saturday schedule. They just don't like how screwed up Saturdays are.

Box Ox

Give me a catch up raise and change some of the language that sounds sketchy and I'll change my vote

I think we’re beyond a little sketchy language.

oFMcNoF.jpg

Heavy Package

So why did a new, lower-paid underclass of full time driver have to be created to do so?

There is no plausible reason to pay 22.4s less other than the fact that profit per piece for residential shipments is lower than it is for commercial shipments. You can point that out, but you can’t pretend that 22.4s will somehow have an easier day.

Say you have 2 people doing the same job at an office. Same good performance evals. One is paid $40/hr and one is paid $34.50/hr.

Do you know what could happen? The lower paid one could sue for workplace discrimination and probably win. And our own damn Union proposed this!

What say you, Integrity?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Say you have 2 people doing the same job at an office. Same good performance evals. One is paid $40/hr and one is paid $34.50/hr.

Do you know what could happen? The lower paid one could sue for workplace discrimination and probably win. And our own damn Union proposed this!

What say you, Integrity?
I have no problem with part-time class of worker being paid less than full-time class doing same tasks.

Integrity

Binge Poster
How is a 22.4 a part time class worker?
Combination of 2 part-time jobs.

Workers delivering packages as a regular driver deserve more pay than those doing it part time, sorry.

I believe it might even be actually is more of a concession on the Company's part. They could have pushed for part-tme Ground Drivers period. At least Full time opportunity is happening.