What does Article 26 section 5 mean to you?

Browntown2014

I am a mon-fri RPCD in The Atlantic and we are being forced in on Saturdays even if we have less than 8 hours available.

It was my interpretation of Article 26 sec 5 that we could not be forced in if we had worked 52+ hours Monday thru Friday My BA is saying that’s only the case if they impose a 70 hour work week. Which makes no sense.

“ No regular package car driver red circled under Article 22.4(b) will be forced to work on a day off and exceed sixty (60) hours unless he has a full eight (8) hours of duty available. Any regular or Article 22.4 package car driver who volunteers or is forced to work over sixty (60) hours in a week pursuant to this paragraph will be compensated at double-time for those hours. This paragraph supersedes any provision in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum which addresses this subject. This Section is not intended to give the Company the right to force seniority package car drivers to work on a weekend unless permitted by the applicable Supplement, Rider or Addendum.”

your thoughts?

542thruNthru

I am a mon-fri RPCD in The Atlantic and we are being forced in on Saturdays even if we have less than 8 hours available.

It was my interpretation of Article 26 sec 5 that we could not be forced in if we had worked 52+ hours Monday thru Friday My BA is saying that’s only the case if they impose a 70 hour work week. Which makes no sense.

“ No regular package car driver red circled under Article 22.4(b) will be forced to work on a day off and exceed sixty (60) hours unless he has a full eight (8) hours of duty available. Any regular or Article 22.4 package car driver who volunteers or is forced to work over sixty (60) hours in a week pursuant to this paragraph will be compensated at double-time for those hours. This paragraph supersedes any provision in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum which addresses this subject. This Section is not intended to give the Company the right to force seniority package car drivers to work on a weekend unless permitted by the applicable Supplement, Rider or Addendum.”

your thoughts?
This is where I think we get screwed.
Screenshot_20200918-100120_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

You're not exceeding 60 hours. Also the article is all about 70 hour rule. Not about being forced in on a day off.

trickpony1

I think the company is trying to get the senior drivers to "burn out" and quit so a bunch of new, cheaper and less vacation drivers can take their place.
These new drivers will be younger, more energetic and less aches and pains hence more productivity.

Overpaid Union Thug

Meanwhile, in my center, we only have a handful of 22.4s and typically run between 10-17 routes on Saturdays but HAVEN'T had to “force” anyone to work. Maybe it’s because our center isn’t (yet) over dispatching Saturday routes? It’s been pretty gravy so far. I have volunteered every Saturday I’ve been available.

Zowert

On Saturday you call, “Hello this is so-and-so, I am unavailable to work today.” *click* They can’t retaliate because you can file a harassment grievance.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think the company is trying to get the senior drivers to "burn out" and quit so a bunch of new, cheaper and less vacation drivers can take their place.
These new drivers will be younger, more energetic and less aches and pains hence more productivity.
The younger guys are burned out already and in my experience much more likely to say friend it. They have less to lose.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
If anyone thinks they TRULY care about any wording in that contract, you are delusional.

If they agreed to it... Then breaking it if need be is in the budget.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

They’ve had my name on the Saturday staffing every week since March. They send me a message telling me I’m scheduled and required to come in and every Saturday I don’t go to work, call work or text work and they’ve never said a word to me. You know why? Because there’s nothing they can do about it.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
Meanwhile, in my center, we only have a handful of 22.4s and typically run between 10-17 routes on Saturdays but HAVEN'T had to “force” anyone to work. Maybe it’s because our center isn’t (yet) over dispatching Saturday routes? It’s been pretty gravy so far. I have volunteered every Saturday I’ve been available.

here all the 22.4's are working saturdays, half a dozen rpcd's and at least 2 FT drivers are put on the forced list.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Our center runs the few 22.4s along with seasonals and “forced” bottom up seniority. We have ~ 70+ rpcd and bottom 20 are forced at the moment

vvv

I will never burn out on the matter of being over worked as I take my sweet time and do all work related things in a very exacting manner. And I won't quit due to their nonsense and mismanagement ......will be when I feel I'm ready. No chance I'd ever make things that easy for them.

vvv

5 RPCDs called into office this morning
5 new 22.4s bid went up same day

Not looking good union brothers

🧔✊

Got the age in.....
Got the years in.....
Got the all important don't give a :censored2: down to a fault for quite some time now.

Things are looking good here my man. Hang in there and do things correctly at all times, don't step on your own pecker and give them a reason and you'll be fine.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Since I am desperate, I rehired as 22.4
I was told after my road test in no uncertain words:

"You'll start once the next 22.4 DQs. I know a few by name off the top of my head that won't be here next week and that's my call"

Are the 22.4s in other regions besides North Atlantic this shabby as well?