What does Article 26 section 5 mean to you?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Are you coming back to ups?? Again??
Whoever lets me on the property first. I accepted a conductor rehire at Norfolk Southern (plan A) in NC. But the pre-employment physical is yet to be satisfied… due to the incompetence of NYC area healthcare facilities to properly accommodate, and plan for a hair follicle drug test. Tomorrow I (allegedly) have a walk in appointment reserved in The Bronx, and was promised (4th attempt) that a doctor would be on site with the credentials required to collect a hair sample. That has been holding me up since the friendirst attempt was no longer a client of NS, second I did physical but nurse forgot to put hair in envelope. Third try no staff available with credentialing required for hair follicle collection. :censored2:.

UPS was my plan B but they all look like fat Ds now. Rehired in 804, 22.4 however. My license was run in the reverse order, and HR rep apologized
My FL license expires in 2023, but I surrendered that for a NY DL years ago… which expires in 2022. The story I got was they had an HR Intern who thought that meant it was my current license. It isn't. Got another MVR/BG check emailed to me on Friday after I took my road test so:

UPS or NS one of you wasted a lot of resources and money. Act fast and you get all this baggage but something to show for it. Literally wherever I can clock in first I am sticking with. Until I get fired

MisplacedRailWorker

Whoever lets me on the property first. I accepted a conductor rehire at Norfolk Southern (plan A) in NC. But the pre-employment physical is yet to be satisfied… due to the incompetence of NYC area healthcare facilities to properly accommodate, and plan for a hair follicle drug test. Tomorrow I (allegedly) have a walk in appointment reserved in The Bronx, and was promised (4th attempt) that a doctor would be on site with the credentials required to collect a hair sample. That has been holding me up since the friendirst attempt was no longer a client of NS, second I did physical but nurse forgot to put hair in envelope. Third try no staff available with credentialing required for hair follicle collection. :censored2:.

UPS was my plan B but they all look like fat Ds now. Rehired in 804, 22.4 however. My license was run in the reverse order, and HR rep apologized
My FL license expires in 2023, but I surrendered that for a NY DL years ago… which expires in 2022. The story I got was they had an HR Intern who thought that meant it was my current license. It isn't. Got another MVR/BG check emailed to me on Friday after I took my road test so:

UPS or NS one of you wasted a lot of resources and money. Act fast and you get all this baggage but something to show for it. Literally wherever I can clock in first I am sticking with. Until I get fired
In the meantime, I live with my parents. I mow lawns and do landscaping around the neighborhood… Help as much as I can with my father's PTSD.

I spent six years learning hurry up and wait in the Marine Corps. Trust me this is a piece of cake. One thing is for sure, I love my country and I will never, ever be on unemployment or any type of public assistance. I helped my ex-wife apply and that alone is a full-time job… I don't care if it's a dollar an hour you will not find me unemployed and making the government pick up my shortfalls… I was laid off from Amtrak too soon to collect anyway, but there were periods before that where I could have, but that's just not my style.

Roast away

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

How does rail pay compare to UPS?

When I was young I went with a friend to a N&S recruiting seminar. There were probably 400 people in attendance but after they explained being on call for a year and moving to Chicago or Atlanta after 2 or 3 years, I think maybe 5 people stayed. The first few years sounded terrible!

MisplacedRailWorker

How does rail pay compare to UPS?

When I was young I went with a friend to a N&S recruiting seminar. There were probably 400 people in attendance but after they explained being on call for a year and moving to Chicago or Atlanta after 2 or 3 years, I think maybe 5 people stayed. The first few years sounded terrible!
Funny thing is, pay scale is nearly identical. With my alternative being 22.4 at UPS, I basically told the hiring manager "I'd rather be seasonal at NS than UPS" and "All accidents are preventable, employee is responsible"

10 minutes later,
Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 2.00.12 AM.png

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Funny thing is, pay scale is nearly identical. With my alternative being 22.4 at UPS, I basically told the hiring manager "I'd rather be seasonal at NS than UPS" and "All accidents are preventable, employee is responsible"

10 minutes later,
View attachment 310374

That's a tiny railyard, I go there occasionally. Will they make you relocate again in a few years?

Also, do you have to start over completely?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Maybe we'll meet out there
What time are your cutoffs?

I don't know what you mean by cutoffs.

I try to avoid Greensboro at all costs. Probably the worst dispatch of any building I've ever been to. If you take a set out it's about guaranteed one trailer will be missing or have incorrect seal control. Their bay numbers on the yard are also the dumbest of any hub I've ever been to. I'll be happy when they get their new building!

The railyard trips I've made have been extra work on a weekend. They are usually begging drivers to make a trip to the railyard on Sundays. I have no idea if they get many rail loads during the week.