Contract Change proposals. "On Topic Only Please"

Integrity

Binge Poster
Obviously a lot of discontented viewpoints regarding the TA.

I suggest that instead of just saying it is garbage and voting no, that you actually come of with some alternatives to the language that might work in further negotiations.

You may actually have the opportunity to present ideas to language change.

Caution, use the language that is already on the table because remember there is a handshake agreement across the table and the language is eventually going to be close to this. Stay close to the language or you will just be viewed as a malcontent.

Are you just a malcontent?

If you are, my suggestion for the overall good is you just remain silent.

Malcontents make people who believe in the Union process look bad. That is one of the reasons unions don't garner the support in this country as they once did.

Example of TA language changes suggestion: the TA reads

Article 22.4(b)
  1. All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) consecutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as scheduled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a five (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject.

I believe this should be changed to this:(change in bold)

Article 22.4(b)

5. All 22.4 combination drivers shall be guaranteed eight (8) consecutive hours of straight time pay per day, if reporting as scheduled. All 22.4 combination drivers shall work a five (5) consecutive day schedule of Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday through Thursday This paragraph shall supersede any Supplement, Rider, or Addendum on the same subject.

F

Frankie's Friend

Who are you to "suggest" how other dues paying members react to issues involving their futures and livelihoods?

I suggest that you actually get a union card and then give advice to union members.

All of us on here already have a mother.
Don't be one.

F

Frankie's Friend

silence those malcontents
Dont you love posters that appear again at contract time to tell us how to propose changes to language not favorable but sit on the sidelines for the months prior to?

I personally like a lot of the nma ta but I will never instruct someone else how to react.

We all have a passion for what we do.

Maybe @Integrity should watch the beginning of the ibt labor movement under Hoffa Sr.

This is Little House on the Prairie compared to that.
20180507_234539.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
It should state that RCPD's will work 5 consecutive days with 8hrs guaranteed not if scheduled or if work is available. Also RCPD's will be given first choice of overtime over 22.4's period. Also 22.4s will work 4hrs inside and 4hrs driving, this is a combination job right. I personally believe 22.4s should only work 8hrs a day max anything after that is penalized to them making RCPD rate along with 9.5 protections. Then maybe I will start to entertain the thought of voting yes.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Who are you to "suggest" how other dues paying members react to issues involving their futures and livelihoods?

I suggest that you actually get a union card and then give advice to union members.

Don't be one.
?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Dont you love posters that appear again at contract time to tell us how to propose changes to language not favorable but sit on the sidelines for the months prior to?

I personally like a lot of the nma ta but I will never instruct someone else how to react.

We all have a passion for what we do.

Maybe @Integrity should watch the beginning of the ibt labor movement under Hoffa Sr.

This is Little House on the Prairie compared to that.View attachment 202216
?

Integrity

Binge Poster
It should state that RCPD's will work 5 consecutive days with 8hrs guaranteed not if scheduled or if work is available. Also RCPD's will be given first choice of overtime over 22.4's period. Also 22.4s will work 4hrs inside and 4hrs driving, this is a combination job right. I personally believe 22.4s should only work 8hrs a day max anything after that is penalized to them making RCPD rate along with 9.5 protections. Then maybe I will start to entertain the thought of voting yes.
Write the language, let's have a look.

Go after the progression time period. I do love that the union tried for 2 years but maybe 3???? How about years for part time credit since most of us have worked here and waited for a full time position?

Integrity

Binge Poster

Don't be one.
The suggestion was for the benefit of those who may be viewed as malcontents.

My experience has shown that malcontents are not given serious consideration when discussing serious issues of the membership.

Just sayin.

If you want to be taken seriously write some better language.

You know what is supposed to look like.

Feel free to not take any suggestions.

It is your call.

Integrity

Binge Poster
silence those malcontents
Trust me those viewed as malcontents are not given much serious consideration when union issues are being addressed.

There is no point in trying to satisfy those that cannot be satisfied.

So by behaving in a way that makes one appear to be a malcontent has really already silence themselves by their own behavior.

Box Ox

I suggest that instead of just saying it is garbage and voting no, that you actually come of with some alternatives to the language that might work in further negotiations.

I'll keep it simple so we can be clear in our messaging to Union leadership and the Company:

Don't do any of this stuff, which didn't have to be implemented in the first place:

oFMcNoF.jpg

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'll keep it simple so we can be clear in our messaging to Union leadership and the Company:

Don't do any of this stuff, which didn't have to be implemented in the first place:

oFMcNoF.jpg
That is not suggested alternative language.

Statements like this wholesale condemnation in my opinion, will not be taken seriously.

cachmeifucan

Many of us are at meetings stressing the issue our local is fighting hard ups is just calling our bluff send them a no votes and I guarantee I convince hundreds that may influence thousands stay tuned shirts and buttons coming question is can I sell them in parking lot or does it have to be a donation type deal.