Contract talks

87brown

Well we will start the new year off with a year and a half before a new contract I foresee a tiered system no new driver will see the pay that we get also most likely no more retirement a 401(k) match I know a lot of you will say no way no how but in order for this company to be profitable and succeed it must happen there's no possible way we can stay afloat and be competitive I am all for it because I want to see my retirement be there as many of you know the central states pension fund goes belly up in seven years will UPS Help out with existing retirees already retired and or the future retirees will they help them and subsidize the shortfall keeping in mind UPS truly has no obligation considering they already gave the Teamsters the money and now it's all gone because of their lack of being proactive and trying to address this way back in 97 when we had the strike because surely that's what it was all about those are very important questions if you plan on retiring here in the next 5 to 10 years

km3

I foresee a tiered system no new driver will see the pay that we get

You and a lot of other people. No matter how weak I think the union is, I still don't think they'll go for that. That's a strike issue, imho.

but in order for this company to be profitable and succeed it must happen there's no possible way we can stay afloat and be competitive

The company is already profitable and successful. I haven't seen anything that would cause me to worry about how competitive we are (or are not).

87brown

You and a lot of other people. No matter how weak I think the union is, I still don't think they'll go for that. That's a strike issue, imho.

The company is already profitable and successful. I haven't seen anything that would cause me to worry about how competitive we are (or are not).
Yes but if you do your homework you will see UPS is profitable because of separate entities that they are involved with UPS could not stay afloat on the package delivery system by itself that concerns me not to mention look at the competition they are creeping up on us we can't have a blind eye we must stay competitive again we must be proactive and not get caught with our heads in the sand

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes but if you do your homework you will see UPS is profitable because of separate entities that they are involved with UPS could not stay afloat on the package delivery system by itself that concerns me not to mention look at the competition they are creeping up on us we can't have a blind eye we must stay competitive again we must be proactive and not get caught with our heads in the sand
Ups isn't making 5+ billion a yeah on side projects.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Well we will start the new year off with a year and a half before a new contract I foresee a tiered system no new driver will see the pay that we get also most likely no more retirement a 401(k) match I know a lot of you will say no way no how but in order for this company to be profitable and succeed it must happen there's no possible way we can stay afloat and be competitive I am all for it because I want to see my retirement be there as many of you know the central states pension fund goes belly up in seven years will UPS Help out with existing retirees already retired and or the future retirees will they help them and subsidize the shortfall keeping in mind UPS truly has no obligation considering they already gave the Teamsters the money and now it's all gone because of their lack of being proactive and trying to address this way back in 97 when we had the strike because surely that's what it was all about those are very important questions if you plan on retiring here in the next 5 to 10 years

So you are for screwing the new people coming up over to insure that you get yours is what you are saying.
Nice show of brotherhood there pal.
You discuss the side entities of UPS as to why UPS is profitable, but where do you think the money comes from to buy those entities? From the package side of the operations. I would be more concerned if they were not investing their profits into new way to expand the UPS brand

The Driver

I drive.

Here you go...

. , ; ! ?

Any others you think of, be sure to use next time.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
ups will be profitable because they only compete with FedEx. if there is more competition then you might have a problem.

87brown

Well to tell you the truth I remember when we said we would never work Saturdays we deliver Saturdays he would never work a Sunday I worked a Sunday delivery we must change with the times and as far as screwing the Teamsters where your fellow brothers are you kidding me have you heard of progression or how about when the Teamsters was trying to negotiate a Pension deal that would cut current retirees pay out in half and then there was a special carveout for UPS employees trust me tiered pay out and/or no retirement 401(k) match is coming don't believe what I'm telling you do your own homework see where UPS makes its money not off the parks on the street they did years ago but they were smart and invested in other entities unlike central states

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
ups will be profitable because they only compete with FedEx. if there is more competition then you might have a problem.
Besides all that volume shippers like Amazon are giving directly to USPS.

That's the whole premise behind the Amazon jets. It's not necessarily to deliver it themselves, it so they can get it to a metro area and hand it off to the cheapest carrier, usually the post office.